Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some questions about compatibility
Hello,

after searching the Net for projects that realize a Pi as lightcontroller i found the "robo tank" Controller.

Before buying i would like to get answers to some questions.

1. I already have this BananaPi . Would this device fit to the controller/case ?
2. Will the controller be able to control this 4 channel LED light

regards,
Robert
Reply to top
Hi Robert, that BananaPi wouldn't fit the case, I'm not sure how far out it would be. If the 40 pin header is an exact match to a Raspberry Pi then it should work with the controller if it's been tested to work with reef-pi.

That light won't work as it draws too much power. In a month or two I'll probably have something that will but it would be an extension to the controller.

Thanks
Rob
Reply to top
(12-01-2021, 01:32 PM)Rob F Wrote: Hi Robert, that BananaPi wouldn't fit the case, I'm not sure how far out it would be. If the 40 pin header is an exact match to a Raspberry Pi then it should work with the controller if it's been tested to work with reef-pi.

That light won't work as it draws too much power. In a month or two I'll probably have something that will but it would be an extension to the controller.

Thanks
Rob

Hi Rob,

thanks for answering. No big problem that the BananaPi wouldn't fit the case as long as operating with the controller works. But as I see in the Documentation the controller also supports the RPi3 to which I can get access to. There are not much Raspis that are supported (the RPi3 is) by native current Debian as far as I experienced.

As for the lightning. When you could provide such an extension that supports higher currents, that would be perfectly fine. Beside that, the "robo tank" is exactly what i have looking for and i'm still very interested but I have to get my lights working with the controller.

regards,
Robert
Reply to top
Hi Robert, sounds good, I'll let you know when I have something, it won't be until next year though.
Reply to top