Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only the first temperature port seems to be active
Hi there. I have received my tobo-tank recently and have started playing a bit with it. It's great!

I want to start with something simple so I added two DS18B20 to the temperature ports, but weirdly only the one in port 1 seems to be detected. Swapping both sensors in ports 1 and 2 will show the other one, so both sensors seem to work. Am I missing something obvious here? Have I missed a jumper that needs to be set somewhere?

I'm using a Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W.
Reply to top
Hi, that's happening because port 2 and 3 are on a different pin and by default the Pi only reads one. Soon I'm going to need to start sending a page pointing this out and a couple other things as it will catch many unless they use the install script from the manual.

To get it working you need to edit the config.txt file on the Pi. 

Run this command in the Pi terminal window.

sudo nano /boot/config.txt

Then search for this line.

dtoverlay=w1-gpio

Add a # sign in front of that line so it looks like this.

#dtoverlay=w1-gpio

The add these two lines under that line.

dtoverlay=w1-gpio,gpiopin=4
dtoverlay=w1-gpio,gpiopin=23

Then press CTRL + X on the keyboard and press Y to save.

Now power cycle the controller and it should be working.
Reply to top
Ah yes I suspected something like that but couldn't find in the docs if there was another gpio pin where to enable 1-wire. Both are working now, thanks.
Reply to top
Great, I'll have to go through the manuals, probably missed it as I occasionally still forget about it.

Another thing not properly documented yet is the sensor extension. If you pop the lid off you'll see the jumpers to select if you are using optical or non-contact side for each plug. By default I have it for optical so the non-contact won't work on it's respected side unless the jumper is moved over. After you open it'll make sense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rob F's post:
  • Jmgr
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Temperature sensors disappearing Dewd 1 361 04-16-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Optical sensor port 4 & 5 Dukereef 35 18,583 03-07-2021, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Rob F