Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Auto dim or adjust brightness level
Tongue 
Hi Rob

After months  of leaving my kits on the shelf, i'm building  them finally. I have 2 of your kits and 1 i planned to modify and as my greenhouse automation lol

I'm using the CPLD 7 inch and latest 2.0 version. The auto dim will not work even with playing with settings and also the manual brightness slider doesn't do anything either

I have swap both boards with same result . check the photocell and did sync the boards

Everything stays at full brightness right now

what could it be ?
Reply to top
Hi Fred, glad you got them together. The problem for dimming is a small resistor on the back of the display. These displays are setup for dimming a different method and I didn't notice this right away so I wasn't able to move it on yours. Here's a link showing what you have to do, this should solve it.

https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/Thread-Sc...684#pid684
Reply to top
(06-14-2016, 08:30 PM)Rob F Wrote: Hi Fred, glad you got them together. The problem for dimming is a small resistor on the back of the display. These displays are setup for dimming a different method and I didn't notice this right away so I wasn't able to move it on yours. Here's a link showing what you have to do, this should solve it.

https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/Thread-Sc...684#pid684

Hi Rob

I should have check the forum first but thanks for the very fast reply .

Would it make sense to have a motion sensor attached  to the display so that it power on or something like that,  only when you are in front of the screen. 

I will be ordering few stuff from you soon  K0507
Reply to top
I never thought of a motion sensor, maybe one day. Soon I'll be adding a screen saver feature which will have the feature to turn the screen dark if left idle for a set time. At least that way the screen won't always be lite. I never thought of this because I personally want to see the screen all the time, never thought about saving it. With that said my screen has been running bright for almost a year now and it still looks the same as new ones being tested so I'm happy about that.
Reply to top