Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kessil A80 Setup
Heyo,

I just purchased and setup my robo-tank/reef-pi system and so far it is working great.  I have a Kessil A80 and I want to control the color and/or intensity with robo-tank.  I have the control cable which is 3.5mm and breaks out into 3 wires.  I assume there are two signal wires, one for color and the other for intensity, and one ground wire.  Do I connect the ground to a dedicated ground port and the other two to a dc jack?  I searched around and mostly found info for self made arduino devices so I want to verify the proper setup on the robo-tank board.

Also I've noticed my log section of reef-pi is always blank.  That is probably a separate thread but if someone has a quick solution for that as well I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
Reply to top
Hi kingdavidbaker, good to hear you're up and running. You are correct on the Kessil, 2 wires are signal and one ground. To the left and under the LED ports is a 2 port plug for common grounds you can use. The signal wires would go to LED channels, not the DC ports. The DC ports put out regular +12v for small pumps fans etc. The Kessil wants a PWM signal so set the two dip switches for each LED port to 0-10v PWM. Here's a picture to connect.

As for the log I believe that only shows errors, it's not a log that shows all actions taken place.
[Image: kessil.JPG]
Reply to top
(06-14-2021, 04:19 PM)Rob F Wrote: Hi kingdavidbaker, good to hear you're up and running. You are correct on the Kessil, 2 wires are signal and one ground. To the left and under the LED ports is a 2 port plug for common grounds you can use. The signal wires would go to LED channels, not the DC ports. The DC ports put out regular +12v for small pumps fans etc. The Kessil wants a PWM signal so set the two dip switches for each LED port to 0-10v PWM. Here's a picture to connect.

As for the log I believe that only shows errors, it's not a log that shows all actions taken place.
[Image: kessil.JPG]
Reply to top
Looks like my forum messed up your message, hope it was a good one.
Reply to top
No, it was me not the forum lol. Was just saying it worked great and for anyone else wondering my Kessil cable had a black wire which was the color and a brown wire which was the intensity.
Reply to top
Good to hear.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wave Maker Setup kingdavidbaker 1 2,564 06-16-2021, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Rob F