Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ATO triggered Macro
Hi all!

First just want to say I love my robo tank controller. 

I’m having an issue though and can’t seem to find any info on how to resolve it. Every time I create a switch in the ATO tab that I want to trigger a Macro…the whole systems freezes up when it goes to run that macro. For instance I hooked up a micro switch (should act like a float switch). I wanted it to run a macro for a “feed mode”. I was able to get it to run but only once. Then the whole systems freezes up….I have to restart the entire controller for me to be able to do anything again. I’m running a raspi 4 4gb. This sort of screws up me setting up a AWC cause I can’t cause one ATo sensor to be active when I want it to cause it’ll freeze up. 

Any thoughts on what I should do?
Reply to top
Hi albinochicken89, welcome and glad you're enjoying it but sad to hear about the issue. Unfortunately that's something internal with reef-pi, I've experienced it myself. If a macro has more than one step it doesn't appear to trigger correctly from the ATO tab. I believe if you trigger the macro from a timer it will work but you may need to tick the "reverse" option and write the macro backwards. Is it possible to start the AWC based on a set time?
Reply to top
I bought Rob's stand alone ATO. Being a Mac person that doesn't like to or doesn't at all read manuals K05178 the ATO is working just fine. At first the optical died after a few months then I got a replacement that has doing fine for the last 6 months. I, K05108 prefer having serperate items to control 'stuff' like my lights and ATO. Just my personal experience.
Check out RoboTank ATO, it is really reliable.

J
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jerry W's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top
(04-18-2021, 12:44 PM)Jerry W Wrote: I bought Rob's stand alone ATO. Being a Mac person that doesn't like to or doesn't at all read manuals K05178 the ATO is working just fine. At first the optical died after a few months then I got a replacement that has doing fine for the last 6 months. I, K05108 prefer having serperate items to control 'stuff' like my lights and ATO. Just my personal experience.
Check out RoboTank ATO, it is really reliable.

J

Glad to hear it's running strong.  K05164  I've thought about making just a light controller but haven't yet, maybe one day.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to have ATO to run only at night? kdx7214@gmail.com 3 374 04-18-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: kdx7214@gmail.com
Question ATO timer reefsal 5 3,356 04-14-2021, 12:45 PM
Last Post: reefsal
  Macro does not seem to work. Dukereef 3 2,777 11-10-2020, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Rob F