Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody having trouble with dosing pumps module?
Hi all:

I started working on further enhancements to the UI and encountered a problem. It seems that the dosing pumps functionality is not working right, particularly after the pull requests that have been merged since the last official release (4.1). I found that the doser pump calibration dialog did not work. Moreover, I also found that the duration of the pump on-time is only a few seconds and nowhere near what I set up (e.g. 2 minutes). I reported this to upstream but have not received a reply yet.

I would appreciate if y'all (who are controlling dosing pumps) would let me know:

1) whether your setup is working or not,
2) the software version you're using,
3) the particular hardware settings (ports/jacks/etc.) you're using, and
4) any other information that would help me figure out what's going on.

Thank you all for your assistance.

Regards,
José

Please post questions in the forum (not via PM) so that everyone can benefit from and contribute to finding solutions. Thank you.
Reply to top
Thanks for posting, just to clarify, would this be seen in the official 4.1 or only the modified version? The other day I was playing with dosing pumps in calibration using 4.1 official and there were no issues.
Reply to top
(03-04-2021, 07:56 PM)Rob F Wrote: Thanks for posting, just to clarify, would this be seen in the official 4.1 or only the modified version? The other day I was playing with dosing pumps in calibration using 4.1 official and there were no issues.

The official 4.1 version should be ok. I'm unsure about the modified version, though. Please let me know.

Thanks,
José

Please post questions in the forum (not via PM) so that everyone can benefit from and contribute to finding solutions. Thank you.
Reply to top
(03-05-2021, 02:16 AM)JFReyes Wrote: The official 4.1 version should be ok. I'm unsure about the modified version, though. Please let me know.

Thanks,

I'll try the modified version this weekend and let you know.
Reply to top
(03-05-2021, 11:46 AM)Rob F Wrote:
(03-05-2021, 02:16 AM)JFReyes Wrote: The official 4.1 version should be ok. I'm unsure about the modified version, though. Please let me know.

Thanks,

I'll try the modified version this weekend and let you know.
Thanks Rob!
José

Reply to top
Update 3/6/21@7:20AM AST:

@ranjib has confirmed a bug was introduced into the dosing pumps module sometime after the 4.1 release. Since I base my modified versions on the current master branch, the last one posted here may or may not contain the bug. Those folks who are using my modified version with dosers please check and let me know of any issues. I will not be posting any new modifications until this bug is fixed.

Thanks,
José

Reply to top
Rob:

I've been doing further testing. It turns out that the duration issue is limited to the PWM/Analog and DC ports; it doesn't happen with PowerBar digital outlets. I used different RPi's for testing. Would it be possible that some failure in those circuits could turn off the power prematurely? (Or maybe a design feature as I'm using a simple LED load for testing, if it makes any difference.) Nevertheless, it doesn't make sense to me because if they're turned on manually they stay on, but I just want to be thorough. Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,
José

Reply to top
(03-06-2021, 04:52 PM)JFReyes Wrote: Rob:

I've been doing further testing. It turns out that the duration issue is limited to the PWM/Analog and DC ports; it doesn't happen with PowerBar digital outlets. I used different RPi's for testing. Would it be possible that some failure in those circuits could turn off the power prematurely? (Or maybe a design feature as I'm using a simple LED load for testing, if it makes any difference.) Nevertheless,  it doesn't make sense to me because if they're turned on manually they stay on, but I just want to be thorough. Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

I just tested with the latest modified package and didn't have any issues. I tested with the calibration screen, whatever I set for speed and duration was correct. 

I wonder if it's a problem related to pca9685, that controls the PWM/Analog and DC ports. Anyways seems ok and I haven't heard anyone with issues.
Reply to top
Thanks a lot for your input Rob, I'll keep looking.

Regards,
José

Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dosing Pump Setup BlakeD 4 1,826 05-18-2023, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Controlling A/C dosing pumps through "Jacks" JFReyes 7 5,231 11-02-2020, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Rob F