Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to just check water level in tank and alert if Low
I have a Non-Contact Liquid Level Water Sensor KXC-Y25-V attached to my sump  I want a way to check if water level is below sensor and alert me to fill the sump.  I do not have an ATO.  How would I go about setting that up ?
Reply to top
Hi, if you add the sensor to the ATO tab and enable the alert option it should send an email.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rob F's post:
  • Dewd
Reply to top
The other way would be to define an ATO, with the sensor declared as the input, and then in the "Control" window, choose "Macro" and then create a macro that sends an alert.

Macros sending alerts works very well at the moment.

HOWEVER, last time I tested an ATO triggering a Macro, it wasn't working. Not sure if that issue has been addressed.

I'll test and report back

Update. Just tested the ATO triggering a Macro to alert and it worked!!!

Now I'm excited - I can see the possibility of having physical buttons to trigger Macros!!!!!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dewd's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top
So I tried what you have suggested and found that it still is not performing like expected

I have attached a word docs to show the steps that I did

Attached Files
.docx   So if I setup my system as follows.docx (Size: 95.2 KB / Downloads: 191)
Reply to top
(11-29-2020, 10:15 AM)Dewd Wrote: The other way would be to define an ATO, with the sensor declared as the input, and then in the "Control" window, choose "Macro" and then create a macro that sends an alert.

Macros sending alerts works very well at the moment.

HOWEVER,  last time I tested an ATO triggering a Macro, it wasn't working.  Not sure if that issue has been addressed.

I'll test and report back

Update.  Just tested the ATO triggering a Macro to alert and it worked!!!

Now I'm excited - I can see the possibility of having physical buttons to trigger Macros!!!!!!!!

That's great news, thanks for letting us know. :)  Having physical buttons is a great idea. I foresee this on an extension in the near future.

(11-29-2020, 11:52 AM)kfialkowski Wrote: So I tried what you have suggested and found that it still is not performing like expected

I have attached a word docs to show the steps that I did

I noticed in the picture the ATO sensor was disabled and one-shot feature is enabled, I haven't tested one-shot yet but I'm wondering if after the ATO runs it gets auto disabled so it can only run once. Try disabling that feature.

Maybe before setting up the alert test the sensor by defining an AC outlet to control. Then you will know the sensor is turning on/off. The light on sensor flashing on/off doesn't necessarily mean reef-pi is going on/off, the sensor jumpers need to be set correctly, they should be set to "other" and "P/U". If you define a piece of equipment to control on ATO tab a graph will appear at the bottom and show if ATO is running or not. Like this you will see it start/stop when you touch the sensor. Maybe increase the "Check Frequency" to every second so it's easy to test.
Reply to top