Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding spare parts...
Hi all:

I reckon I'll need a spare Raspberry Pi and its power supply just in case... As I understand the controller case is custom made for the RPi model, so therefore I should get another of the same RPi 3B i already have. However, would it be difficult to fit an RPi 4 instead? Please let me know if I should purchase a new case as well.

Thanks,

José
José

Please post questions in the forum (not via PM) so that everyone can benefit from and contribute to finding solutions. Thank you.
Reply to top
(11-07-2020, 02:02 PM)JFReyes Wrote: Hi all:

I reckon I'll need a spare Raspberry Pi and its power supply just in case... As I understand the controller case is custom made for the RPi model, so therefore I should get another of the same RPi 3B i already have. However, would it be difficult to fit an RPi 4 instead? Please let me know if I should purchase a new case as well.

Thanks,

José

Yeah the case is custom to the Pi Zero W, Pi 3 or Pi 4 but the Zero W will fit any case. They moved some ports and added on Pi 4. They do all plug into the same controller board though.
Reply to top
(11-07-2020, 06:13 PM)Rob F Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 02:02 PM)JFReyes Wrote: Hi all:

Thanks,

José

Yeah the case is custom to the Pi Zero W, Pi 3 or Pi 4 but the Zero W will fit any case. They moved some ports and added on Pi 4. They do all plug into the same controller board though.
Ok, thanks Rob!
José

Please post questions in the forum (not via PM) so that everyone can benefit from and contribute to finding solutions. Thank you.
Reply to top