Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Robo Tank controller build
Hi.  Newbie here.  I'm so excited, just received my RoboTank deluxe controller plug and play today.  Figured I've been reading enough in forums, time to contribute. I'm going to install the controller on my 125g salt water.  Hope to control my DIY LED strip using the analog control.  I have 3 older Iventronics 42W drivers.  Also hope to use the PWM ports to replace my storm Coralux controller for my Lumia 5.2.  I ordered Temp sensor, optical and float switches for overflow and sump level monitoring.  Here are some photos of receiving the package.  It's the deluxe controller with AC Power bar and Sensor board.  I had Rob not include the cases as was lucky enough to have access to a 3D printer.  I downloaded and printed Rob's .stl case files.  They are designed very well. Will put everything together this week end including installing Raspberry Pi 3B and Reef Pi.  Will post more photos and my progress in a few days.

(10-31-2020, 07:27 PM)hemiroyd Wrote: Hi.  Newbie here.  I'm so excited, just received my RoboTank deluxe controller plug and play today.  Figured I've been reading enough in forums, time to contribute. I'm going to install the controller on my 125g salt water.  Hope to control my DIY LED strip using the analog control.  I have 3 older Iventronics 42W drivers.  Also hope to use the PWM ports to replace my storm Coralux controller for my Lumia 5.2.  I ordered Temp sensor, optical and float switches for overflow and sump level monitoring.  Here are some photos of receiving the package.  It's the deluxe controller with AC Power bar and Sensor board.  I had Rob not include the cases as was lucky enough to have access to a 3D printer.  I downloaded and printed Rob's .stl case files.  They are designed very well. Will put everything together this week end including installing Raspberry Pi 3B and Reef Pi.  Will post more photos and my progress in a few days.

[-] The following 1 user Likes hemiroyd's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top
Hi hemiroyd, good to see it arrived and the case looks great. I should have been more clear that you didn't need to print that outlet plate as it's on the power bar. Looking forward to seeing things come to life.
Reply to top
(10-31-2020, 09:40 PM)Rob F Wrote: Hi hemiroyd, good to see it arrived and the case looks great. I should have been more clear that you didn't need to print that outlet plate as it's on the power bar. Looking forward to seeing things come to life.
Yup.  Everything arrived safe and sound. Thanks for packing it well for it's long trip over the pacific ocean.  
No worries about the outlet plate.  I should have figured that out when you asked me what color I wanted.  That transparent 3D printer color is really cool. What color PLA or ABS is that?
Reply to top
The PLA was called clear, I expected to see through it better so I call it transparent white. If it's used a case you can't see through it, only the lights shows up better.
Reply to top