Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Robo-Tank ATO System - Standalone Product
(10-11-2019, 10:21 PM)Jerry W Wrote: I"m confused... you sell a Non-Contact sensor but have no way of useing it? The float sensor needs a cage to work reliably?

In the past I never used the Non-Contact as I just recently discovered it but see it as a great sensor for the ATO if you can mount it. This is where more DIY is needed if you were to use it. Ideally I would like to have a bracket wrap around it with magnet sitting on top and magnet in sump to hold in place but that's easier typed than done because of cost. I've thought about buying magnets and placing them in a food safe 3D printed puck but not sure how acceptable that would be viewed, would you accept something like that?

Another method that would work is strong double sided tape and maybe something sitting behind so it can unstuck, or a dab of silicon/glue would work. I will update the listing explaining this better.

For the float switch needing a cage that would be deemed necessary if used as a main sensor as it'll be touching the water and snails could go on it. Its ok as is if tank has no snails. I think this is the main reason it's not used. The float being used as a backup won't be touch water in normal conditions so snails won't get to it.

The best is the optical but should be cleaned and not fully submersed.
Reply to top

Messages In This Thread
RE: Robo-Tank ATO System - Standalone Product - by Rob F - 10-11-2019, 10:44 PM