Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Robo-Tank ATO System - Standalone Product
(10-11-2019, 08:19 PM)Rob F Wrote: Thanks Jerry, yeah floats and snails don't mix to well, one thing you could do with floats is to cut a small plastic box with slits on the side and put the float inside it so snails can't get find there way to the float.

I like the Non-Contact sensor best but haven't really come up with a good way to secure the sensor. It needs something to keep it pressed against the glass. I like the idea water doesn't touch it and not sitting over the rising saltwater air.

As you know a lot of ATO's have an optical sensor, these are ok but do require cleaning often and the readily available ones aren't completely waterproof. They are only rated IP67 so protected for 30 minutes up to 1 meter water and after that anything can happen. With that said the area water can enter is where the cable goes into the sensor. The way I have them sitting in the sensor this doesn't see water so it's ok however if they get submersed for long periods of time its probably a good idea to replace it.

I"m confused... you sell a Non-Contact sensor but have no way of useing it? The float sensor needs a cage to work reliably?
Reply to top

Messages In This Thread
RE: Robo-Tank ATO System - Standalone Product - by Jerry W - 10-11-2019, 10:21 PM