Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a little bit answer
Hi Gordon, welcome to the forum. Unfortunately I don't know anything about those lights but if you can get the voltage from the original controller you should be able to wire it up. The controller has 16 LED channels, each channel outputs 0-5v PWM but I also have a small converter board to up the voltage to 0-10v.

The controller has 4 ports for dosing pumps but soon I'll have a 4 port expansion available and up to 3 of them can be connected giving a total of 16 dosing pumps. I'm probably 2-3 months from having those.

There are 5 ports available for float switches that can be used to turn on/off any equipment or run a dosing pump, in the future I'll also have expansions available for more ports.

I'm currently working on a software update which will allow you to turn equipment back on after a feeding delay which would work good with your skimmer or anything else. For example you could run a feed for X minutes and then 2 minutes after feed turn on the DC pump and after 2 more minutes turn on the skimmer, etc...

The controller isn't open source but you do get all the code and can make any changes you like to it for your own use however without any experience it could be difficult as there is a lot of code and sorry but I wouldn't be able to help. As I plan to keep improving the controller software I'm always open to ideas and could possibly add the feature. Changing the language to German would be quite involved however in the next 3-6 months I will be adding language packages.

Currently I don't have a detailed assembly manual but do have full instructions showing pin outs on connectors, etc... The good news is the assembly is pretty straight forward, basically you only need to mount the PCB's in the cases and plug things in. There's 4 wires that require soldering, 2 for an external LED and 2 for a DC power socket inside the case. Sorry but the website is a bit of a mess at the moment, the pictures in the DIY kits isn't what you'll actually get, if you look at the pictures on the plug and play kits that's what you'll end up with after assembly as those pictures are accurate. Recently I made some changes to the controller hardware so its more reliable and assembly is much easier but after finishing that I immediately jumped into the software update I'm currently working on and haven't had time to update the website. In the next few weeks I will be doing a big update on the website.

Hope this helps some and if you have more questions let me know.
Reply to top

Messages In This Thread
Need a little bit answer - by Gordon Lehmann - 12-30-2018, 05:09 AM
RE: Need a little bit answer - by Rob F - 12-30-2018, 02:34 PM
RE: Need a little bit answer - by Gordon Lehmann - 12-30-2018, 03:42 PM
RE: Need a little bit answer - by Rob F - 12-30-2018, 03:59 PM
RE: Need a little bit answer - by Gordon Lehmann - 12-30-2018, 04:07 PM
RE: Need a little bit answer - by Rob F - 12-30-2018, 04:19 PM
RE: Need a little bit answer - by Gordon Lehmann - 12-30-2018, 04:24 PM
RE: Need a little bit answer - by Rob F - 12-30-2018, 04:46 PM