Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robo-Tank v5.0 Screenshots and Flowchart - Ideas Needed
Yeah I'm really excited about it too. The SSRs are rated for 8amp and I'm hoping they will be ok with 5amps constant, don't have the answer yet on that one. It also might be possible for someone to add heat sinks. I'm also debating individual fuses for each outlet and one for overall but then labor and cost goes up which isn't good. If I did that the overall power bar could still handle 10 amps and then each outlet limited to whatever the SSRs can handle. If the SSRs can only handle 4 amps let say that's not very much overall. These are the largest SSRs I could find that are actually usable for 8 outlets, after this you get to those bricks. Once I finish this one I am planning a 4 outlet using 30amp SSRs so they should run 10amp ok.

The overall design will be larger than what you have as the CTs are about the size of the relays you have and the SSRs are larger yet. And if there's 9 fuses that's a lot to mount on a PCB plus the actual circuit to make it work. I agree I need to do something to make it more serviceable, I'm still thinking. I'm hoping I can design the case in a fashion so it can be opened from the top and bottom so a soldering iron can be used. Not sure how I'll do that yet as the outlets need to push through the top. Any ideas lol?
Reply to top

Messages In This Thread
RE: Robo-Tank v5.0 Screenshots and Flowchart - Ideas Needed - by Rob F - 01-23-2019, 11:50 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerhead Control Ideas Rob F 17 16,346 04-29-2018, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  AC Outlet Icon Ideas Rob F 6 6,773 04-27-2018, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Rob F