Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robo-Tank v5.0 Screenshots and Flowchart - Ideas Needed
Yeah definitely better than those test strips, I think the quality of the probe has a lot more to do with accuracy than temp offset ever will, also cable length between probe and circuit could have an effect, shorter the better. Cable length between circuit and controller doesn't effect the reading.

I do like the idea of having the heater switch over to a backup temp sensor if the main one quits, that's probably the best way as an alarm isn't going to fix anything if your 100 miles from home. In v5 you'll have more control with alerts as you can set multiple for one sensor so that shouldn't be a problem and I can add a simple setting to send alert if sensor stops working, that's a good idea. I'm thinking the controller will then look for all alerts marked "sensor failure" and will monitor them lets say every 5 minutes, when it does the test if no response is received it'll send an alert. At that point the sensor would be marked as a failure and more actions could be done based on that until the user marks it as "fixed". The 2nd part will come a little later though, I'll probably add something to custom rules as in create a rule based on a failure so anything could happen when something goes bad.

With custom rules you can stack them for one sensor. For example you could have one if temp <= 70.2 do action 1. 2nd rule if temp <= 70.1 do action 2, etc... If multiple rules are found <= 70.1 they would both run. For now you should be able to setup a couple rules to use a 2nd sensor to turn the heater on/off so you have a backup.

In v5 on the heaters page under each you can select the temp sensor to use, I think I will add a second option to select a backup sensor if that one fails and have it send an alert that way custom rules won't be needed, I agree you shouldn't need to set custom rules for this. The backup will also be monitored and alerted if it stops working.

Thanks for all your input, I love every bit I can get. I don't think your being picky, I can see this being quite important.
Reply to top

Messages In This Thread
RE: Robo-Tank v5.0 Screenshots and Flowchart - Ideas Needed - by Rob F - 12-19-2018, 01:26 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerhead Control Ideas Rob F 17 16,338 04-29-2018, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  AC Outlet Icon Ideas Rob F 6 6,768 04-27-2018, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Rob F