Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robo-Tank v5.0 Screenshots and Flowchart - Ideas Needed
Hey Rob, ah so your thinking of using it as a method of detecting when the AC power goes out, I love that idea! In the past I looked into making a circuit to sense if the power goes out but it was quite involved but this could be perfect. I wanted what you want, a power outage mode but put it on the side burner. With that relay being monitored it could send an email, if network on backup power, and put the controller in a special mode. I am going to play with this idea, might take a few components but it's doable, it'll use an analog port. Then in the next couple months I will add a power outage mode on the controller so you don't need custom rules as it can be integrated into everything.

Yeah in your situation I didn't think the AC power bar would be of much use, this would only be useful for UPS backup. There would be no point in powering the processor as it'll only control the outlets, just need to keep the controller and DC power bar running, the display can be unplugged as well.
Reply to top

Messages In This Thread
RE: Robo-Tank v5.0 Screenshots and Flowchart - Ideas Needed - by Rob F - 12-11-2018, 01:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerhead Control Ideas Rob F 17 16,344 04-29-2018, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  AC Outlet Icon Ideas Rob F 6 6,771 04-27-2018, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Rob F