Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robo-Tank v5.0 Screenshots and Flowchart - Ideas Needed
Hi Rob
The idea of the relay to trigger a custom rule was to have the relay powered from the mains input so it is always on when the mains is on, have the switched contacts connected to an input on robotank, when the mains goes out the contacts open (or close) and trigger the custom rule.

Reason for that is most of my equipment is either 12 or 24vdc and its all powered from one big power supply (robotank will be powered from this Via a big buck converter), that gets rid of the individual power bricks (less heat, more space, less mess etc) and it has a battery backup bank attached for power failures.

I have made two power bars for mine, one is 240ac for heaters, skimmer & reactors, the other one is 24vdc that I use to control the pumps, wavemakers etc.
Without some way of letting robotank know of a power failure it would just keep all of the 24v equipment running reducing the run time on battery, hence the relay and custom rule, if input X is triggered then turn off all but the return pump, if not run as normal.

My guess with your deluxe power bar would be that it will have an internal power supply to run the processor, with a UPS that would work fine but not in my case.
I do have a ups I could use but converting 24vdc to 240vac then back via the power bricks would be so inefficient when I can just use the 24vdc direct.

My power supply has a connection for the backup batteries so it float charges them all the time, when the power goes off it switches over to the batteries the same as a ups but without the losses.
Reply to top

Messages In This Thread
RE: Robo-Tank v5.0 Screenshots and Flowchart - Ideas Needed - by Rob Wheatley - 12-11-2018, 07:28 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerhead Control Ideas Rob F 17 16,338 04-29-2018, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  AC Outlet Icon Ideas Rob F 6 6,768 04-27-2018, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Rob F