Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robo-Tank v5.0 Screenshots and Flowchart - Ideas Needed
Thanks guys, and I like the suggestions.

(06-25-2018, 01:06 PM)Skwerl77 Wrote: I'm only just now starting to dig through the controller, so I might have missed things if they're already available, but:

Manual control of DC accessories? Maybe on the same page as the manual control of the AC outlets.. That way if I have a 12v utility light, fan, or pump or something I can control/override it manually.

A way to enter and store manually taken chemistry readings, like a journal? A graph of such data would be nice too.

I will be adding manual control for the DC accessories but on a different page than AC outlets. If the home page is showing DC accessories and you touch that section the manual screen will appear, same as AC outlets, if not viewing you can use a shortcut on the dock to access it. I've updated the flowchart with this option.

I never thought of a journal but am going to create a detailed maintenance log, maybe the same?

In the maintenance log settings the user would select any of the available parameters to add to the log and there would be 5-10 custom fields for manual entry. You would add field names here and when the maintenance screen appears it'll prompt you to enter the data in those fields. There will also be a "notes" field. 

The idea was after maintenance is completed, a button would be pressed to add to the maintenance log. It could also be setup to add to the log at any given time.

With all that said maybe a separate journal would be better? 

(06-25-2018, 02:10 PM)johnrc Wrote: bluetooth connection via screen and controller

live  camera through internet connection

full controller management via internet

bluetooth or by wire speaker connection  and preinstalled thunder and lightning sounds for the stormy days.........

Are you thinking wireless connection from controller and display? I guess that's something that could be done in the future. My thought has been if it was wireless you still need to plug in DC power to the display and currently it only has one Ethernet cable plugged in so either way you have a cable. If they had wireless DC power I would be all in. :) I guess it does get rid of that cable across the living room. I am planing wireless for AC power bars and hopefully other things so when I do that I'll probably add the option.

You can view an IP camera on the webpage today, you have to open the index.html file on the controller SD card and make a few changes in the code and the image will appear at the bottom of the page. It's a full page view and shrinks with smaller screens. If you go to page 65 in user manual it'll explain how to change it. When I get to the web side I'll improve this.

https://www.robo-tank.ca/en/Robo-Tank-Us...al-i9.html

One day I will work on full web access, display would be optional, but it'll be a while until that happens. First I want the controller setup without requiring more major changes, Gen3 and v5 will do that, then I want to focus on some other sensors and some addons that will control specific power heads. It is on the list though.

The speaker is something I've dreamed about since I started this project, not a good thunderstorm without thunder. :( I also want to setup a rain system, thinking a pump would go in a reservoir or sump and pump water into a pipe/pipes hanging over the tank with holes in the them. The pump speed would be controlled to change rain intensity. So yes this will be coming sooner than later.
Reply to top

Messages In This Thread
RE: Robo-Tank v5.0 Flowchart - Ideas Needed - by Rob F - 06-25-2018, 03:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerhead Control Ideas Rob F 17 16,338 04-29-2018, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  AC Outlet Icon Ideas Rob F 6 6,768 04-27-2018, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Rob F