Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nixu's Aquarium setup (Work in progres)
I changed some of those functions / icons name and add couple more.

I also change that "watts per hour" back to how it was, so it draws line every 8.35 minutes. Actually it looks better that way than draw one line per hour, and there is then huge caps (and line graph don't work with those gaps). 

I still have little "bug" there. my function reset that value little too soon, because i realized that Rob graph don't draw that line exactly when hour changes (and my function reset it then, so result is that last line which should be the highest are not drawn correctly) i have to fix that to reset value after that last line is drawn, but then it loses couple of watt of beginning of hour :/

There is total consumption screen. It shows values in kWh (i think i should add that in the "header")

And there is total cost, it show values in euros / dollars

And there is graph menu and icons that i added. If you look closely you can see, that there is coming another new feature that i added. I can tell that it shows co2 usage in gramms (or maybe kilos, im not sure yet) 

This functions need new hardware / parts. like scale (kitchen, bathroom etc or load cell and HX711 module http://www.banggood.com/HX711-Module-20k...mds=search But i tell that more later when its ready and when i get all parts. 

Also you need two analog input with arduino. In nutshell you add your co2 canister on the scale / load cell (or if used load cell you can attach that cell to "roof" of your aquariuam cabinet and let co2 bottle to "hang" to it like wire or chain etc) and weight / mark how much it weight when its full (with regulators, and magnetic valve etc in it) and add that to right place in code (or maybe i even made screen to it) and then when co2 consumes, it gets lighter and lighter, and scale measured it. And do math, and calculate how much it has been consumed) Like i have bottle which contains 500g of co2, and when 250g is consumed it half empty (or full :D ) etc... Also it send email when it half left, 1/4 left and when it is empty. I don't know if anybody else need or want to use this kind of feature, but like always i made it mainly to myself and my own needs, but if somebody want i can send this also to Rob and he can decide if add this or not :D 

Reply to top

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nixu's Aquarium setup (Work in progres) - by niksunen - 02-21-2017, 11:47 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish work build in ... Martin 14 17,463 03-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Last Post: rott
Big Grin Robo-tank best controller aquarium majid.gh 2 6,303 09-29-2015, 05:42 PM
Last Post: majid.gh