Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nixu's Aquarium setup (Work in progres)
My i2c analog input boards is not yet arrived. I hope that those arrived in next week. But i made all other electronics and wiring ready to powerbar. And when those i2c chips arrived. i just put there in places and connect vcc, ground and rx/tx wires (din 4 connector, so between powerbar and controller is just 4 additional wires. And it can even down to 2, if take ground and 3.3 vcc to inside of powerbar) And those 8 loose (and ends taped) red wire to the boards. And it is ready. Then last tweaks and testing with code :)

There is picture of my current powerbar internals. It is kind of messy :D but i am not open it after that ever. So it don't mind. I use 9 ct (current transformers) to measure currents. 8 ct will be enough, but i wanted to use that one extra to measure whole system consumption. Because if use "only" those 8 ct (each outlet) it don't measure arduinos, display etc consumptions. Only devices which is attached to outlets. And i wanted to measure all, even arduinos, and display don't take much power but still.

And because i was lazy. I have that ct in that wire in begin, when i don't even thought measure each outlet separate. So i left it there.

Those 8 ct's can be placed "anywhere" like "hanging" near the outlets (like i have that number 9 ct, it is just "hanging" in that wire) . But i have plenty of room, so i placed them that breadboard.

Reply to top

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nixu's Aquarium setup (Work in progres) - by niksunen - 02-04-2017, 03:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish work build in ... Martin 14 17,449 03-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Last Post: rott
Big Grin Robo-tank best controller aquarium majid.gh 2 6,303 09-29-2015, 05:42 PM
Last Post: majid.gh