Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nixu's Aquarium setup (Work in progres)
(01-24-2017, 11:52 AM)ChrisC Wrote: Nice.... clean implementation niksunen. I like the idea of monitoring total power consumption as well as individual plugs. The problem with monitoring each plug (as has been mentioned above) is the size of the coils available to to the job. Has anyone found something smaller we could use?  I know there are direct wire solutions that are smaller and Rob could probably put together a board that would work bout I think some discussion would help him do the research on possible solutions,
The other issue is all the wires required to run back to the processor. I'm thinking a I2C solution would solve that. There are a few references (that I could fined) to that kind of solution but they are either discontinued or vaporware.  Just my misc thoughts, I think the direction is really cool.

Actualy i ended up using this ct. http://www.tme.eu/en/details/ppac1010/cu...ma/ac1010/  And it is enough small, that i can fit 8 those in power bar. So it possible to meter each outlet separate, but then you need somekind of i2c - analog input circuit, because you need 8 input for current, and 1 for voltage (each outlets has same voltage). I found those i2c boards on ebay, it has 12 input and cost only 15€. So i can buy it, and 7 more ct coils and modified my powerbar, so i can track any outlet individually

I think, i can left current screen like it was. And add another screen, where all outlets are listed individually and show each data separately. But adding all 8 outlet to graph is big question. Maybe Rob can tell that :) 

(01-24-2017, 11:55 AM)Steve S Wrote: Great addition to Robo-Tank Nixu!

I tracked down the hardware on ebay and it looks to be very affordable for the probe. Is there any other hardware required?

and NOW the big question, as I don't recall which R-T hardware you are running...
Will this mod work on both ver 1 and ver 2 of R-T? Is the code supported on both ver? 
Also, can you run two power bars through the same probe if you are using more than the initial 8 outlets?

Tying this in with the graphs can really provide some nice data. 
I could even see using this with alarms to alert you to a component failure

Good work

I use gen 2. There is no big issues to get it working also gen 1. (it only needs arduino, and couple components, ct etc..) And gen 1 has arduinos so :D 
Code though don't work gen 1. But it is easy to modified working gen 1. But i dont have any gen 1 sketch and boards etc, so i cannot test it.

"Is there any other hardware required" There is couple parts, but they are very cheap :D i can make list of parts later, but there is circuits.

"Also, can you run two power bars through the same probe if you are using more than the initial 8 outlets?" 
Yeah you can, but then power to wallsocket to power bars must go same wire. And also you must put only one wire trough ct, not both, or you get current results zero :D 

There is picture how install correct: 
[Image: CT-on-cable.jpg]

Ac circuit to measure voltage:

Current circuit to measure current: 

Reply to top

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nixu's Aquarium setup (Work in progres) - by niksunen - 01-24-2017, 12:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish work build in ... Martin 14 17,451 03-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Last Post: rott
Big Grin Robo-tank best controller aquarium majid.gh 2 6,303 09-29-2015, 05:42 PM
Last Post: majid.gh