Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nixu's Aquarium setup (Work in progres)
(12-02-2016, 11:02 AM)ChrisC Wrote: This is looking really good fietsenrex, I like your organization on the webpage.

What camera and interface are you using to integrate it into the webpage?

Hi and thanks (even i dont are fietsenrex :D ).

I have cheap D-Link dcs-930l wireless ip camera (but almost any other ip camera works, wireless or wired)  http://www.dlink.com/fi/fi/home-solution...ork-camera

I am planning to change that better resolution camera (fullhd atleast) now it has only vga resolution, but it works and i use it before i can buy new better camera. 

Ip-camera image is very easy to attach / stream website. This is the line i use myself: 

Code:
<iframe src="http://username:password@ipaddress:port/video.cgi/"  width="640" height="480" class="smart_sizing_iframe noresize" frameborder="1" scrolling="no" ></iframe>

That "username:password@" section can leave out if want, but then it ask camera password when you open that monitor / feed page (and it try to connect feed) Also i can create usernames / passwords of users which can only view feed, so admin username and password is totaly diffrent than that in code. So i don't mind to put that only view acces pass/username to source code. 

And if you want to watch feed outside your home network you have to use port forwarding in your router. So my public ip is 87.9x.xxx.xx and camera is using ip 192.168.1.44 and port 8090 in my private (home network). That way i have to use my public ip in that line "87.9x.xxx.xx:8090/video.cgi/"

And my router i have port forwarded my public ip and port 8090,  87.9x.xxx.xx:90 to private network ip 192.168.44:8090

I moved my camera to better location and mounted it, there is new screenshot camera currently location.

There is picture how i mount my camera. It is mounted below of my shelf, and pointing towards aquarium. Better place is directly front of aquarium, but o dont, have there nothing to mount it :) Also i have to hide that camera power wire, but before that i have extend it, because it is too short to hide properly :) 

Reply to top

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nixu's Aquarium setup (Work in progres) - by niksunen - 12-03-2016, 10:24 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish work build in ... Martin 14 17,458 03-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Last Post: rott
Big Grin Robo-tank best controller aquarium majid.gh 2 6,303 09-29-2015, 05:42 PM
Last Post: majid.gh