Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nixu's Aquarium setup (Work in progres)
Controller box is now almost complete :) I decide put controller to same kind and size box where is my relay/outlets, because there is plenty of room i can put inside tentacle shield  (isolated connection to ph, conductivity, etc. stamps ) and other stuff :)

Picture of controller box and relay box next to other:

[Image: 14272885.t.jpg]

Backside of controller box, i put vga connector (power +12v and relay data goes trough this) so on simple cable between relay box and controller box. There is space to add another if i ever need more than 8 socket / outlets. Next to vga connector i put RJ-45 / lan connector (display power and data goes trough this). Also later there will be ph, and conductivity sockets and couple off holes or inlets/outlets to temp probes, dosing pumps, etc...) 

[Image: 14272886.t.jpg]

Next is front side of controller box. I wanted that as clean as possible because, when those boxes are in the cabinet i only see front sides :) I put there only power led and usb socket, its only for programming to arduino. I want update software as easy that possible, so now i can put cable in that socket and program update :) 

[Image: 14272889.t.jpg]

Sad to say but i think Rob made there little design flaw :/ Arduino programming port is about there where red arrow pointing (below pcb :D of course) Direction is same as lan shield above it. And now if you want to upgrade arduino you have to open screws lift off controller board and connect usb, and then put all back together. Or you have to you use some kind usb extension cable which you let connected to arduino. Or you have to put your board so high, that you can put cable there and take it of. And then box must be kind of big, because it need lot of space around board. 

Of course this is only what i am observed / learning when "play" this awesome project. There might be better way of connect usb cable, but i didn't notice it :D  

[Image: 14272894.t.jpg]
Reply to top

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nixu's Aquarium setup (Work in progres) - by niksunen - 10-19-2016, 08:53 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish work build in ... Martin 14 17,456 03-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Last Post: rott
Big Grin Robo-tank best controller aquarium majid.gh 2 6,303 09-29-2015, 05:42 PM
Last Post: majid.gh