Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Robo-Tank ATO System - Standalone Product
Hi, I'm happy to announce the new Robo-Tank ATO System which is a standalone product and has undergone a full makeover since I first announced the upcoming expansions. It now has 4 sensor ports, a heavy duty DC port with energy monitoring and many of the settings can be customized using 3 push buttons on the PCB and one can be accessed outside the case. You can get all the details by viewing the listing and checking out the user manual and an assembly manual for the DIY kit (the manuals could change

https://www.robo-tank.ca/en/Robo-Tank-Expansions/Robo-Tank-Automatic-Top-Off-ATO-Expansion-p192c84.html

https://www.robo-tank.ca/manuals/Robo-Ta...Manual.pdf

https://www.robo-tank.ca/manuals/Robo-Ta...Manual.pdf

I'm currently running a pre-sale for the ATO system, when you order in advance you can save a bit money and your support helps with development costs and stocking parts. Currently you can get a full DIY kit that you assemble from $102.65 - $123.65 or as low as $64.95 if you already have some parts. If you like what you see please share a link on your favorite social media or forum, it would be greatly appreciated.

As you can see from the image I physically have it ready to go and just finishing up the code and waiting for some sensors, I'll have a video of it running in a few days. I put a shipping date of October 25 because I don't have any sensors but the actual module will be ready in a week.

[Image: ATO2.jpg]

The ATO is packaged as a DIY kit that does require some soldering of the connectors, LED's, etc, no fine details though. When assembled it'll look like the image above and is available without the mounting tabs on the side. There is an option to have it come assembled for $25 extra but you will still need to attach the sensors to the connectors and extend the cable if you need to. Unfortunately the sensors come with short cables but not to hard to extend them. The kit also includes a strong 3D printed adjustable mounting bracket for the sensors even if you don't buy the sensors from me. On the listing page you can select the bracket for the sensors you plan to use. I'll have an image of a bracket for just float switches shortly as I have those and once I get the optical sensors I'll design the other brackets.

On the ATO module Sensor 1, Sensor 2 and Sensor 3 are compatible with different types of sensors. Optical sensors require a resistor that prevent other sensors from working so there are plugable jumpers on the board that can be easily set to match the sensor type being used on each port. The Backup port only works with a float switch as it bypasses all the electronics so it will still work if ATO froze. The DC Pump port can put out 3v - 24v as it's adjustable and can handle 3 Amps continuously or up to 5 Amps for short periods. It also monitors the power consumption which is used to alert if any issues are detected with the pump. Sensor 3 can be used with the ATO or as a low level warning for the reservoir.

The front LED comes on when the pump is running and the front side LED comes on if ATO is in test mode, maintenance mode and flashes if connected to the Robo-Tank controller. The button on the side is used to reset the alarm, set the ATO in test mode or maintenance mode. 

There's 8 additional settings that can be adjusted using the 3 push buttons on the circuit board and the RGB LED is used to navigate the menu. All the settings are saved so its basically set and forget and if you want to change something simply remove the lid.

[Image: ATO_Discription.jpg]

These are the sensors that are most suitable for ATO and are readily available but any 5v analog sensor should work, the jumpers just need to be set correct.

[Image: ATO-sensors.jpg]

If you have any comments or can think of something I might have missed let me know.
Reply to top

Messages In This Thread
Robo-Tank ATO System - Standalone Product - by Rob F - 10-10-2019, 10:02 PM