Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robo-Tank v5.0 Screenshots and Flowchart - Ideas Needed
Ah nice, I can see that being important. I don't have a sump so don't see these things but my friend has one and yes when his pump turns off the sump fills and takes a while to go back down. I'll definitely have something for each outlet.

I'm going to have 4 and 8 outlet power bars using 8amp SSR's. Also going to have 2-4 outlet bars as well but they will have 20-30amp SSR's. Cost not sure yet on all but 8 x 8amp will probably be $140 with cables.

3 options for more connections. Those 2 USB ports are good for 15m of cable between them and we will say each device uses up 1m. So if you had 4 devices we can say 15m-4m leaves 11m of cable to connect the 4 devices. If you can keep it under 11m of cable you can solder wires for multiple devices to a DIY USB connector OR you could DIY a junction box with some USB connectors however all those extra solder points and connectors will affect that 11m of cable length, maybe after a box like that was added you could only use 8m of cable total for all 4 devices. 3rd option is I'll have junction boxes available, they'll have buffers so cable length won't be affected so you could connect all 4 devices with 7m of cable each.

Another feature I'm considering is adding 1-2 USB ports with buffer to the power bars, that would mean the power bars would have the same ports as controller so you could daisy chain them or plug other devices in. For example if you had a temp sensor addon or PH circuit you could plug it into the power bar output or controller, either would work. Of course downside to doing this is cost of power bar goes up and it'll take longer to get the power bars ready as I have a bunch of testing I need to do first but want to stay focused on v5. With everything I still want to do I'm booked for the next 3 years lol...
Reply to top

Messages In This Thread
RE: Robo-Tank v5.0 Screenshots and Flowchart - Ideas Needed - by Rob F - 09-28-2018, 06:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerhead Control Ideas Rob F 17 16,295 04-29-2018, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  AC Outlet Icon Ideas Rob F 6 6,741 04-27-2018, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Rob F