Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robo-Tank v5.0 Screenshots and Flowchart - Ideas Needed
(09-10-2018, 11:00 AM)rott Wrote: about the adding new light modes for morning and dusk don't those all ready happen with the current controller just extended the length of time for the lights to come on and intensity over that period and then reverse it at the end of the day for a (Dusk) effect and just use different color combinations and not really sure what would happen at Night Mode. lights go off and fish sleep like normal you could use a moon cycle with your actinic lights on just at low power

anyway just some thoughts

Some people like Irass want more modes so they can do more things like run just the moon lights for an hour or whatever, doing that with the current setup you end up losing one of the main modes as you use it for this. I'm going to set it up so it'll work with 1-10 modes, the user can add more until the max. 

(09-10-2018, 11:30 AM)aquaalgae Wrote: Rob, not sure if it something that isn't working in V4.2 or if I'm just missing it, but in V5.0, would it be possible to add:

- storm effects both on a schedule as well as initiate a storm at will
- simulate a 24 hour lighting cycle in ~60 seconds
- add more than 2 power bars
- more icons/names for outlets (ex. pump, T5HO, LED, ATO, etc.)

Other things:
- set custom reminders/emails after x days/weeks/months
- send a custom reminder/email after x gallons/liters on a flow meter

BTW, could you recommend a couple compatible flow meters?

I do plan to add options so the storm will run random times, schedule times and a button to start anytime. 

You can currently run a 24 hour cycle in 60 seconds, when viewing the light modes page at the top left corner there's a button "test modes" that will do that.

I just finished the outlets and scheduling for v5. I did increase the power bar limit to 8 and you can set custom names for each outlet and now, thanks to Iain, there are just over 60 custom icons for the outlets and DC accessories. You can also set how many AC outlets are in the power bar so only the correct number shows up, I'm going to have some 2 and 4 outlet bars, the 2 outlet will be 20-30amp SSR relays for heavy duty equipment. 

I'm going to make a maintenance routine that captures all the data when you start maintenance and there I'll have some kind of schedule for reminders etc... Once I get it made I'm going to post updated images so you can see if it looks good to you.

The flow meters will be improved and will have different kinds of alerts, going to have one for low flow and one for x gallons/liters. 

Here's a link for a flow meter, this is a hall effect type, there are some high end ones available as well but these seem to work ok.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2-Water-Flow-...SwMHpbc5iU

Here's a larger one.

https://www.amazon.ca/DIGITEN-Sensor-Flo...0945&psc=1
Reply to top

Messages In This Thread
RE: Robo-Tank v5.0 Screenshots and Flowchart - Ideas Needed - by Rob F - 09-10-2018, 06:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerhead Control Ideas Rob F 17 15,998 04-29-2018, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  AC Outlet Icon Ideas Rob F 6 6,574 04-27-2018, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Rob F