Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robo-Tank v5.0 Screenshots and Flowchart - Ideas Needed
Hello all, as most of you know I've been talking about a software update for a while, I'm finally getting ready to start this and looking forward to it. A couple weeks ago Iain (a Robo-Tank user) made up a monitoring and management system flowchart to share with everyone, which I've done in the attachments, and encouraged me to make one for the software, well I took his advice and just completed it.

This shows about 98% of the settings and how the GUI flows, I've added all the changes and went through the suggestions forum to find any I missed. Because I now plan to support a lot of hardware I'm re-writing the code so I'm posting this to get any suggestions from you, now would be a good time to mention them. 

There will be a section in the settings where the user can select the equipment they have, 6 LED channels, 3 dosing pumps, 2 DC accessories and 4 sensors for example and that's all they will see through the GUI. When an addon is plugged in the I2C bus will be scanning and see it, popping up a notification to accept the settings and add custom name etc...

These are some other additions
  • Full customization on home page (see page 1)
  • Show light percentage
  • Customizable weather storm option
  • Added DC accessory schedules
  • Add min/max settings for DC accessories
  • Maintenance schedules
  • Select DC accessory status during feed cycle
  • Add notification area on home page where shortcut dock is, dock will disappear when a notification is created, touch area to clear and dock will re-appear
  • Add alerts to digital and analog sensors
  • Maintenance mode for water changes and more
  • Add a beep option on local buzzer when custom rule runs
  • Disable custom rule without deleting it
  • Add home page notification when custom rule runs
  • Add custom name to custom rule
  • Add easy controls for chillers
  • Change heater and chiller settings to .1 interval
  • Calibrate temperature sensors
  • Customizable automatic water change system
  • Create and backup up to 4 profiles
  • Manually adjust network IP address disabling DHCP
  • Set hardware generation number to update port numbers
  • Increase light modes from 4 to 6
  • Increase light schedules from 6 to 8
  • Add auto light mode, this uses sunrise and sunset time for start and stop times, these can be adjusted to any start/stop times. Using this mode the lights constantly fade and you can set the max brightness for each channel.
  • Limit of schedules has changed for all equipment, because so much hardware could be used, AC outlets as an example, reserving 10 schedules for each outlet isn't practical as that would require 6400 eeprom locations as the max is 64 outlets and a lot of variables. So I'm setting a max number of schedules for each equipment type and this will allow one AC outlet to use all or one of these allotted schedules. - AC Outlets will have 200 schedules available, Dosing Pumps 80 schedules, Auto Feeders 20 schedules, DC Accessories 80 schedules and Maintenance 5 schedules. If I find some need more I'll be able to add them fairly easy. (See page 3)
  • Option to disable or delete schedules
  • Select Language Pack (this will be a while before I get them done but the sketches will be ready)
  • Option to enter RGB valves for custom slider colors
  • Customize name for AC outlets and everything else
  • Manage Addons and customize names
  • Settings for powerheads / circulation pumps / wavemakers
  • Step by step dosing pump calibration
  • Custom message appear on home page notifications and email when flow meter drops below set level
  • Select AC or DC pump for ATO and select AC outlet to use
  • Increase limit for the 4 Atlas Scientific circuits
If anyone can think of changes or additions please let me know.

EDITS will be added below.

Extra Features
  • Manually control DC accessories
  • Filter equipment log by equipment type
  • Increase temporary light modes from 1 to 6
  • Add home page dock shortcuts for temporary light modes
  • Add home page dock shortcuts to control specific equipment

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top

Messages In This Thread
Robo-Tank v5.0 Screenshots and Flowchart - Ideas Needed - by Rob F - 06-25-2018, 12:40 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerhead Control Ideas Rob F 17 16,071 04-29-2018, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  AC Outlet Icon Ideas Rob F 6 6,634 04-27-2018, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Rob F