Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mounting and cable management suggestions
Hi all:

The following pictures show my first attempt at mounting and cable management of my aquarium automation. In a previous life I worked with IT data/voice rack cabinets, but that stuff is standardized and readily available; no such luck with aquarium equipment. Nevertheless, I tried to apply some of the same principles because the wiring mess can become burdensome and even dangerous when you mix electricity and salt water.

My inspiration came from these guys, who are gracious enough to provide blueprints even if you don't buy from them: Bulk Reef Supply Adaptive Reef. I'm not a PVC artisan so please excuse the roughness, but thank goodness for Dremel tools. I purchased 2 PVC panel boards from Home Depot: both are 2x4 feet wide, but one is 1/2 inch and the other 1/4 inch thick. The other materials were spray paint, nylon zip ties and wood screws (stainless steel are best but any will do as long as you paint them well).

As this is my first attempt I now realize that I made it too small for all the darn cabling I have. I will do better next time. I hope you find this post useful.

Regards,

José

Hi all:
José

Please post questions in the forum (not via PM) so that everyone can benefit from and contribute to finding solutions. Thank you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JFReyes's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top

Messages In This Thread
Mounting and cable management suggestions - by JFReyes - 11-03-2020, 02:35 PM
Mounting suggestions #2 - by JFReyes - 01-09-2021, 08:00 AM