Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Origninal Robo-Tank problem
Hi Rob, Hope you are well.

I'm having a bit of a problem with my Robo-Tank,  It was in use for ages on the hospital/quarantine tank then I shut it down for a while as it was not required.
The plan was always to install it on my main tank but the logistics meant it never happened, recently I decided to upgrade the main tank for a bigger and better one in a different location, that meant I could set the tank up and get it running with no panicking about swapping things over.
So out came Robo-Tank still running the v5.02 it was on, a new better all in one power box/power supply unit was built to be integrated into the tank (well the tank was designed around it) it was tested for a week just running a water butt with heaters and pumps, had a few niggles with temp sensors giving weird readings causing the heaters to keep coming on but set it to use a different port and it was fine.

All the main tank work and installation was done last weekend and the tank was filled and fired up, all seemed fine, the temp sensors were more stable but the schedules wouldn't work, if I pressed resume all the outlets turned off, the plan was to test it all for a while anyway so didn't really worry too much and just turned the pumps to manual, a few days ago I did the reset on the controller and the schedules came back, great all working, today they had stopped working again so decided to update the software to v5.20.

Did the update as per the instructions, all completed ok but when it started up power bars and DC ports were working INVERTED, green on the icon was off, heaters were ON when the temp was reached and off if it was below.
Tried to see if there was a setting but nothing, needed to get the tank going again ASAP (its ready for the fish) so ended up putting v5.13 on, that has worked but now getting one or two temp sensors jumping about again.
Any ideas on what could be the problems, 1 with the inverted power bars and 2 with the temp readings (did try new sensors)

Sorry to see the original Robo-Tank is gone, I did have Reef Pi running for a while and was going to use it BUT found Robo-Tank and decided to get that instead, mainly because it had the local touch screen, I found the Reef Pi web only interface very frustrating to use.

Just as a thought, do you still have any of the original Robo-Tank display and controller boards available as spares?

Rob
Reply to top

Messages In This Thread
Origninal Robo-Tank problem - by Rob Wheatley - 05-29-2020, 05:59 PM
RE: Origninal Robo-Tank problem - by Rob F - 05-29-2020, 07:27 PM
RE: Origninal Robo-Tank problem - by Rob Wheatley - 05-30-2020, 04:20 PM
RE: Origninal Robo-Tank problem - by Rob F - 05-30-2020, 06:33 PM
RE: Origninal Robo-Tank problem - by Rob Wheatley - 05-31-2020, 02:59 AM
RE: Origninal Robo-Tank problem - by Rob F - 05-31-2020, 05:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  After installation from 4,2 to 5,13 problem vilich 22 14,294 06-18-2019, 10:29 AM
Last Post: vilich
  Forum Profile Problem Gordon Lehmann 3 3,893 03-06-2019, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Display Problem simonv92 12 9,247 03-04-2019, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Rob F
  Problem with the controller when the electric current is stopped. vilich 6 6,757 04-23-2018, 04:57 PM
Last Post: rott