Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Display Case
Hi, so I finally got my display mounted in a box, I like how it turned out and the box is perfect, thanks to Neongt on the forum for pointing it out.

I would love to have a case like this for others but cutting them out is a lot of work, this took me a day. The end result is great though and the case is perfect size for the display, I love the size of the boarder around it and it's thick enough to stand firmly but not to thick to look cumbersome. It definitely gives it a much more professional look. So I was thinking it would be nice to have a template box where I could place this box in and run the dremal around the holes, then I would be able to cut a box even better than this in 10-15 minutes. 

I would use some kind of strong epoxy to add the standoffs to mount the display in the box. It would also come with the photocell mounted through the box, this is what adjusts the display based on the brightness of the room. The only thing you would have to do is glue your buzzer/speaker in the box. There loud enough you don't need a hole. Of course if you wanted full volume you could mount it to the back of the box on the outside.

The box being made would have another hole for the other USB jack on the arduino as I plan to be using this in the future. I won't be adding a hole to access the DC power jack though, if for whatever reason you wanted to power the display independently you would need to drill a small hole where ever and run a cable inside the box. 

Is a display case like this worth $35? I know its a bit expensive but without getting a warehouse full of them its the best I can do. In the end the box won't be perfect because it's still done by hand but it'll be better than what most can do free hand. 

I've looked around a bit on getting such a thing made, it would cost between $300-$400 and supposedly last a while... I'm not a rich guy and not sure if people actually want such a thing so I'm going to create a listing for the case as a pre-order, once I receive 12 orders I'll have the template made and get everyone there box. If someone does order it they can cancel anytime before shipping i and get a full refund. The shipment would be under 500 grams so I can ship anywhere in the world via Air mail for about $20 and to the US and Canada for around $12.

[Image: case_1.JPG]

[Image: case_2.JPG]

[Image: case_3.JPG]

[Image: case_4.JPG]

[Image: case_5.JPG]

[Image: case_6.JPG]

[Image: case_7.JPG]

[Image: case_8.JPG]

[Image: case_9.JPG]

[Image: case_10.JPG]
Reply to top

Messages In This Thread