Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robo-Tank v5.0 is Ready
You can download v5.03 from your account now, password is the same. This one has some images for the display SD. This fixes a couple visuals errors on the home page and the starting minimum value for ph, orp, do and ec probes is captured now, it was stuck at 0 until you did a min/max reset.

There's also a setting on the probes hardware page to select a temperature sensor to update the circuits with for temp compensation. You might also notice some extra calibration screens, that's still in progress so you can't calibrate just yet.

I also changed how the sensor data is sent to the display which could have caused random errors, if you have the flow meters on the home page in the bottom of the 3rd column you may have noticed a long number appear on the 2nd flow meter, that shouldn't happen now.
Reply to top
(02-23-2019, 11:42 AM)roland33 Wrote:
(02-09-2019, 04:10 PM)Rob F Wrote: Glad you were able to get something working Addi.

Hello Rob, I have a 7 inch cpld display and the icons on the screen are mirrored, the font is partly correct. The same problem as Addi.

I have reinstalled everything (incl Arduino), selected the correct display in the script and swapped the calibration file UTouchCD (in the current manual there is no indication that it needs to be swapped), obviously this is a problem with the CPLD display.

Can you solve that, please?

Hello Rob,
now I have updated to 5.03.
I replace the TFT libraries with 4.3, but get an error message when compiling the script.
It needs files like SDutil.h and others.
I try to replace them, but it did not work. I think there is more to do than replacing the TFT-libraries.
Can you please tell me what is to replace exactly.
Reply to top
Hi Rob,
I have the following problem:
In the "Settings - Light Modes" by pressing the "Exit" button (perhaps from my thick fingers or the limited space on the screen) instead I click on "Delete Mode" button and automatically lose the mode I have selected.
Is it possible for the "Delete Mode" button to have an extra confirmation step to allow deletion or not?
Reply to top
Will v5.03 fix the errors I was having?
Reply to top
(02-24-2019, 05:06 AM)roland33 Wrote: Hello Rob,
now I have updated to 5.03.
I replace the TFT libraries with 4.3, but get an error message when compiling the script.
It needs files like SDutil.h and others.
I try to replace them, but it did not work. I think there is more to do than replacing the TFT-libraries.
Can you please tell me what is to replace exactly.

Unfortunately I don't have a CPLD display so I don't know what's going on, tonight I'll see what it takes to get it to compile with the past libraries although I'm not too optimistic about it as the change I made shouldn't affect that.

(02-24-2019, 05:17 AM)elatos Wrote: Hi Rob,
I have the following problem:
In the "Settings - Light Modes" by pressing the "Exit" button (perhaps from my thick fingers or the limited space on the screen) instead I click on "Delete Mode" button and automatically lose the mode I have selected.
Is it possible for the "Delete Mode" button to have an extra confirmation step to allow deletion or not?

Hi elatos, yeah that exit button is a little small, adding a confirmation is a little more work how about a delay on the delete button.

Do the following.

- open the display sketch and go to the "lights.h" tab.
- scroll down to line 1720 and you'll see this

Code:
     else if ((_slider == 255) && (x >= 372) && (x <= 486) && (y >= 421) && (y <= 441)) {deleteMode();}  // delete mode

Replace that line with the following.
Code:
     else if ((_slider == 255) && (x >= 372) && (x <= 486) && (y >= 421) && (y <= 441))  // delete mode
     {
       delayT(5);
       if (delayTouch == 1) {sound(255); deleteMode();}
     }

(02-24-2019, 05:19 AM)aquaalgae Wrote: Will v5.03 fix the errors I was having?

Yes I hope it does.
Reply to top
Hey Rob,

Good news: the controller is working. The culprit was the Atlas Scientific TentacleShield (again). With it disconnected everything is working as expected, I just don't have pH monitoring.

I had a question regarding your new probe circuits:
Will you be doing multi-circuit boards? For example: pH + ORP, or pH + EC, or pH + EC + ORP?
Adding to that, will you be creating external housings to enclose those boards for a multi-sensor external device for the Robo-Tank? If so, I will absolutely preorder the pH probe, EC probe, ORP probe, and housing. Considering my Atlas Scientific challenges I'd much rather support you than the mainstream retailers (small business over big box).
Reply to top
Hi jlysaght3, glad its working but why that Atlas shield is causing problems is a mystery. I just can't understand how this update could have any effect. I have the I2C setup with the same speed and the library for it is part of the Arduino IDE so not something I ever update, the code I use is exactly the same as v4.2 in reference to calls on the I2C bus.

Eventually I imagine I'll have multi-circuit boards but for now I have jumpers so they can easily daisy chain and go in the same case. If they are side by side it would the same physical size as if they were on the same board. I actually have the boards similar to the pH but I need to get an EC and ORP circuit from Atlas and a probe for each so I can set these others up, unfortunately I'm not sure when that will happen.
Reply to top
Hallo an alle die Probleme mit den Atlas Sonden haben .ich habe einen externen i2c extender P82b715 montiert am Ausgang die Sonden und die Uhr , jetzt läuft alles wie es soll

Bestellt bei www.horter.de
Reply to top
Ah that's good news Addi, I assume you needed 2 of those, one on each end? So you now have pH, ORP and EC and those numbers on display look ok? Right now I personally only have seen numbers from pH so don't know about the others.
Reply to top
Ich habe nur einen verbaut, als Sender , dahinter EZO basic isolator , am Ausgang die DS und die Atlas PH. , jetzt warte ich auf ein Update für orp und ec.
Reply to top
Nice, I thought the P82B715 was needed at both ends. If you are running 5.03 the ORP and EC should work, if you see the icons on the probe settings screen then they are enabled.
Reply to top
Sorry everyone another update to do, v5.04 and password is the same. There's one image but the others are still there so copy all 9 or whatever.

On this one I removed temperature compensation for ORP as its not required.

For the ATO I redid everything and removed that crazy setting for how often the ATO sensor should be checked so on the display you'll have an empty box now.

Instead there's just a 60 second stability timer for turning it on. This means the sensor must in the on position for 60 seconds before the ATO turns on, and the sensor must be in the off position for 5 seconds before its turned off. If the sensors was saying on for 10 seconds and a reading came in showing off the timer would reset. The sensors are checked in real time, if you set the ATO in "Test Mode" you'll see it's in real time as it ignores those timers.
Reply to top
I just updated to v5.04. I didn't try v5.03. Do I need to redo any of my settings? It looks like everything is all ready set.
Reply to top
I'm still having an issue with relays not turning off. I added 3 schedules to turn 3 relays off at 6 in addition to another relay that was supposed to go off at 6 as well. None of them turned off until I clickes resume. I attached photos of the log before and after clicking resume.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
Yeah for 5.04 there are no settings to change.

For the schedules is the display and controller both not reacting or is one of them doing what it should? I see at 6pm bar 1 outlet 5 turned off. Can you try changing those schedules to 6:00, 6:01, 6:02 etc... Or better yet leave the outlet schedules but change the light schedule to 6:01.

Is anyone else having issues?
Reply to top
Yeah, bar 1 outlet 5 has been fine even when I was on v5.02. You want me to change the light dimming to start at 6:01 instead of 6? I can do that now and see what happens tomorrow.
Reply to top
Yeah try that, it's a different system so I will look closer at that, let me know if that helps.
Reply to top
I don't know yet I'd the update has fixed my issue of the outlets not turning off. I won't know until 6pm tonight but I've noticed the ATO is running very frequently. I'm worried I'm going to burn out another relay. It's only 545 am here and I'm already on page 5 of the log.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
I have mine set for 6pm too. :)  I just played with my float and it is super sensitive, I couldn't imagine water evaporating that fast but it must be. I guess overall that's a good thing but yeah that relay won't last doing that. Can you open the controller sketch 5.04, and click the ato.h tab at the top and go to line 123, you'll see the following.

Code:
if (((millis() > _prevMillis[i] + 60000) || (_test[i] == 2)) && (f[i] == 1)) {f[i] = 0; startATO(i);}  // ato started

Replace the 60000 with 21600000 

That will require the sensor to say on for 6 hours before the ATO turns on. It's in millis so 1000 = 1 second, you can set it to whatever you like.
Reply to top
Thanks. I'll do that when I get home tonight. So I don't have to update anything in the display code? And will I have to reload any settings?

Thanks again!
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready Rob F 51 30,426 05-31-2020, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Robo-Tank v5.13 is Ready Rob F 61 35,332 06-19-2019, 12:30 AM
  Robo-Tank v5.12 is Ready Rob F 34 22,137 04-30-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: fietsenrex
  Robo-Tank v5.10 is Ready Rob F 157 82,034 04-18-2019, 10:43 PM