Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting issue with dosing schedule
Hi Rob,

I've set some doses in the dosing schedule but noticed something strange...
I've set pump 4 to dose 2 times, at 10.15 and 15.15 and of course set the system clock to 24h.

I haven't checked whether the dosing works or not, I trust your sofware skills blindly... ;-))
But by accident I noticed that the pump 4 morning dose at 10.15 does not work.
I have checked it twice standing next to it from 10.10 till 10.20, the dosing doesn't start.

What I did twice is wait to see whether dosing starts at 10.15. Well it didn't but what I did was setting the dosing time to 10.18.
Wait a couple of minutes and YES, the dosing works...
I did this twice.

When setting the dosing times, I never pressed "Resume".

Reply to top
Hi Arne, hmm sorry about that, I will see what I can find. Just to clarify, you had it set to 10:15, noticed it didn't go off, waited till the next day and same happened again? Did you reset the controller during the 2 failures? Then when you adjusted it to 10:18 did you watch it 2 days in a row and it was ok? Do you know if the 15:15 dose is happening? You don't need to press resume button when changing the schedules, when you leave the schedule page they all get updated and if you left it on the schedule page and it auto went home it will also update them. I'm going to do a bunch more tests this evening and see what I can figure out.

One thing that will help, the update I'm currently working on will have an equipment log. The idea is the log will show equipment type, date/time and action taken. For example if a dosing pump goes off using a schedule it will say it happened via schedule, if you manually dosed it will log it as such and same if it was a rule that triggered it. So with that we can be certain everything is doing what it should. Hoping to have it done in a week or so, probably next weekend.
Reply to top
Hi Rob,
Yes, I had it set to 10.15 for some time. Then one day, I accidently noticed the 10.15 dosing did not start.
I was able to monitor this 10.15 dosing that day but still I thought I might have missed it for some reason.
The same day I changed the setting to 10.18 and the dosing started.
For me it was a sign I must have missed the 10.15 dosing and changed dosing time from 10.18 back to 10.15.
The next day I checked 100%, I stood next to RT at 10.10 untill 10.20, no 10.15 dosing started...
I dosed by hand and tested it the next day.
No dosing at 10.15 and when I again quickly changed the settings to 10.18, dosing started at 10.18.

Reply to top
Thanks for the details, I'll let you know what I find.
Reply to top
It's almost 10.00 overhere, pump 4 set to 10.15...
I will monitor whether it will start or not Rob... ;-)

I'll also set the alarm clock and see if the 15.15 dosing works.

Definitely NO dosing at 10.15... sorry... K0587
I will check the 15.15 dosing today too.

Of course I'm wondering what happens to the night dosings.
I never went out of bed to check them... ;-)

Checked the 15.15 dosing, works!

Reply to top
Thanks, I'm thinking its the first schedule that isn't working after the day resets. I setup up a bunch of schedules yesterday and they all went off so now I'm waiting for the clock to roll 24hrs so I can see again, I have a feeling if I simply change time and reset controller the first will work because they were all loaded again so I have to wait it out.
Reply to top
The first schedule?
I do have more schedules and also only one dosing say at 10.30, this one works.
The one dosing at 10.45 works also.

Reply to top
Sorry Arne, I had to leave yesterday for the night so I wasn't around to see what happened. The first schedule was just a quick guess, if theres more than one time per day it rolls the schedules and possible the first is being ignored after the day resets.
Reply to top
That's really no problem Rob, no stress... ;-)
Is there something I can do to help you Rob?

Reply to top
Not really at this time, all the tests I've done work so I'm waiting the 24hrs with controller untouched to see what happens. I'm hoping when the pump starts up today the first schedule is skipped so I experience what you are. In the meantime I'm trying to get the data log finished, this should really help with troubleshooting. I hope to have it ready in a few days.
Reply to top
Any news Rob?
Can I help you by providing my dosing schedule?

Reply to top
I'm thinking about going back to v3.3 because I see my water values going down...
I'm adding manually for now to keep it as stable as possible but I really don't know which dosing works and which one doesn't.

Reply to top
Hi Arne, sorry I've been really busy lately and having trouble being around when the pumps go off, all my testing by advancing time ect all seem to work. Maybe its best to go to 3.3 until I can finish up the log, we don't want your fish and plants to be affected. With the log we'll know exactly what's going on. It's close to being finished, should have it done this weekend.
Reply to top
Rob, I have changed the schedule, maybe you can narrow it down a little this way.
Here's the schedule that is giving my problems:

Pump 1:
01:00 X X X X X X X
05:00 X X X X X X X

Pump 4:
10:15 X X X X X X X
15:15 X X X X X X X

Pump 5:
10:30 X X X X X X X

Pump 6:
10:45 X X X X X X X

What I know for sure, is that in the above schedule the 10:15 (pump 4) dosing does not work.
The 15:15 dosing works though.
Whether the 01:00 and 05:00 (both pump 1) dosing works, I don't know, that's too late for my old body... ;-)

I have changed the schedule to this:

Pump 1:

Pump 4:

Pump 5:
11:00 X X X X X X X

Pump 6:
11:15 X X X X X X X

Using this schedule, everything works!

Reply to top
Do you know if the dose count dropped when the pump didn't run or did you see the display say "pump 4 running" but it didn't run?
Reply to top
Hi Rob,

I didn't look if the dose count dropped but I'm 200% sure the display did NOT say "pump 4 running"...
I know this because this, and the red liner, was what I was waiting for... ;-)

Testing the dosing I looked at the display and when the pump message comes, I look inside the cabinet to see if dosing actually happens.

Reply to top
That helps, since you the display didn't say the pump was running the count wouldn't have dropped either, both go together. Try the new update and if you can go back to schedules that gave issues and see what the log reports.
Reply to top
Well Rob, like you know I installed the latest update.
At first logging did not work and it looks like after a complete cycle (??) logging started to work and looks great !

I first did a test with the schedule that worked before:

Pump 1:

Pump 4:

Pump 5:
11:00 X X X X X X X

Pump 6:
11:15 X X X X X X X

Everything was logged perfectly, the dimming and other actions too.

Yesterday evening around 23:00 I replaced the schedule with the schedule that gave problems before:

Pump 1:
01:00 X X X X X X X Worked and logged
05:00 X X X X X X X Worked and logged

Pump 4:
10:15 X X X X X X X NOT working, so no dosing happened and NOT logged
15:15 X X X X X X X Worked and logged

Pump 5:
10:30 X X X X X X X Worked and logged

Pump 6:
10:45 X X X X X X X Worked and logged

Reply to top
Interesting, it seems like it doesn't like that 10:15 time. You mentioned before you changed to 10:18 and it worked, can you do that again and see what happens?
Reply to top
Yeah Rob, maybe some sort of conflict?
I have changed it to 10:16, let's see what happens... ;-)

Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issue with Upgrade to 5.20 aquaalgae 1 2,358 01-12-2020, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Problem with dosing pumps Arne 37 27,101 01-31-2017, 03:00 AM
Last Post: Arne
  Disable dosing pump Arne 2 3,760 01-25-2017, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Arne