Robo-Tank DIY Aquarium Controller Forum
Data Logging / Graphs - Printable Version

+- Robo-Tank DIY Aquarium Controller Forum (https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum)
+-- Forum: Robo-Tank Arduino Based - NO LONGER AVAILABLE (https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: Current News and Design Ideas (https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Data Logging / Graphs (/thread-95.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Data Logging / Graphs - Rob F - 03-26-2016

(03-26-2016, 08:04 AM)Dom59 Wrote:
(03-26-2016, 08:01 AM)robsworld78 Wrote: Now you'll be able to see the last 84 days of history on the display. Everything loads instantly. I updated the images in the thread. The date at the bottom of the screen also changes so you know the day you're looking at.

Rob, you are crazy!... K05163

[Image: k05163.gif]  I figured it out.

RE: Data Logging / Graphs - Rob F - 03-26-2016

What are good ranges for the other parameters? I made a ph graph as well, its range is from 5.4 to 8.8. How about ORP etc...

RE: Data Logging / Graphs - ChrisC - 03-26-2016

Wow you must have pulled an all nighter, looks great!

ORP probably 200-500 the sweet spot for ORP is open to debate but 340-380 is probably considered a optimum. Mostly used to control ozone or alert to an increase of dead stuff in the tank. There may be others who can add to this.

RE: Data Logging / Graphs - Rob F - 03-27-2016

Ah good to know, anyone know the sweet spots for do, sat, ec, tds, sal and sg?

RE: Data Logging / Graphs - rott - 03-27-2016

not I best to google what it should be or send email to atlas ask them for any kinda tables they have to have some thing they calibrate from?

RE: Data Logging / Graphs - Dom59 - 03-28-2016

On fresh water, unity for EC is microsiemens (10 from 2000) and millisiemens for sea water (20/80).
But with fresh water it also depends on type of tank, e.g. Discus needs
A. 80 à 150µs (breeding),

B. 200 à 250µs (adult),

C. 350 à 400µs (sub-adult),

For TDS , 2 µS/cm = 1 ppm.

May be, each one could choose his own figures to determinate his graph?...

RE: Data Logging / Graphs - Rob F - 03-28-2016

Thanks, I had a feeling those others were complicated, more settings...

Later I do plan to make a graph where the user can specify the parameters shown but that'll be a different update.

Now just need dissolved oxygen, saturation, salinity and specific gravity levels. Hopefully those are straight forward.

RE: Data Logging / Graphs - ChrisC - 03-28-2016

Rob it would it be possible to make the charts auto ranging? By looking at the data you could determine the upper and lower bounds for each dataset and build the graph using those numbers plus say 10% as your range.

It might be but not till later. :)

(03-28-2016, 02:29 AM)Dom59 Wrote: On fresh water, unity for EC is microsiemens (10 from 2000) and millisiemens for sea water (20/80).
But with fresh water it also depends on type of tank, e.g. Discus needs
A. 80 à 150µs (breeding),

B. 200 à 250µs (adult),

C. 350 à 400µs (sub-adult),

For TDS  ,    2 µS/cm = 1 ppm.

May be, each one could choose his own figures to determinate his graph?...

Would a range of 68-410 be sufficient for EC?

For TDS I can do 0 - 342 which should be ok?

RE: Data Logging / Graphs - Dom59 - 03-28-2016

That's to suit to me. Most important being constancy.

I hope it works for everyone. If not I'll add a high low scale.

The graphs for the ec and tds will change for every value, 200, 201, 202 etc...

I've got 12 graphs made now, you can view 84 days on the display for all of them. 
  • water temp
  • light temp
  • extra temp 1
  • extra temp 2
  • ph
  • orp
  • dissolved oxygen
  • saturation
  • conductivity
  • tds
  • salinity
  • specific gravity
They should work well, there all based off the RTC not using millis. It stores a reading every 8 minutes 35 seconds and then a few seconds before midnight. If the controller is off the graph continues in the correct spot when turning it back on. For example if the controller was off at 7pm and back on at 9pm the graph would continue at 9pm. Between 7pm and 9pm would be blank on the graph because no data was captured for that time.

Just finishing up the labeling and trying to figure out the other parameter ranges.

RE: Data Logging / Graphs - Rob F - 04-09-2016

Sorry this update is taking so long everyone, work picked up some so that hasn't helped any. I'm definitely hard at it though.

So I've changed the graphs again for the 4th or 5th time. I want to make sure I get this right so I don't need to change it later and everyone loses their data.

Instead of 168 logs entries per day it now logs data 1440 times per day, every minute. Doing that definitely slowed it down but you get a better look. I might dropped it to every two minutes to speed it up, not sure yet. You can view a whole week of data at once but that's where it gets slow, it takes about 6 seconds to draw the graph.

Is that acceptable?

I was going to put a monthly view but that would take almost 30 seconds to load so I probably won't.

Now you can view back 1000 days, technically there is no limit I just rounded it to a 1000. 1000 days for the 12 sensors would be about 576mb.

There's 3 views in total, the full day, the full week (Sunday - Saturday) and then a zoomed in view of each hour.

The zoomed in view is a total of 5 pages, each page shows 5 hours and 37 minutes, this is where you can see data for each minute.

This is the hourly view, you can select a time zone and then adjust the days to compare. When viewing the full day or full week the buttons and times at the top change. Each graph is a different color, the blue in the image changes to match the graph button on the menu. The hourly view isn't actually a solid graph, each bar has a space so you can see the temperature lines running behind the graph.
[Image: Graphs_Page3.jpg]

This is the menu for the graphs, you get here from the home screen.
[Image: Graphs.jpg]

A couple questions I can't find a clear answer to, maybe someone knows? Wondering if I have this close to others.
  1. How often does the Apex or other controllers log data?
  2. How much data does the Apex or other controllers store?

RE: Data Logging / Graphs - rott - 04-09-2016

Fantastic looking is all the coding and every thing done for it

RE: Data Logging / Graphs - Rob F - 04-09-2016

Thanks, 95% of it is done, just trying to decide on a final logging interval.

RE: Data Logging / Graphs - august - 04-10-2016

Very nice.

RE: Data Logging / Graphs - ChrisC - 04-10-2016

I don't think 1 minute resolution is necessary in most cases. The range you were doing previously (6-10 minutes) will give a clear indication of what the tank is doing. My preference would be to have faster graphs with a lower sampling frequency. Most parameters in a tank change slowly over time and will not need that frequent of sampling.

I could not find any specific references to the frequency Apex uses but looking at sample graph on their fusion product I did not see anything less than hourly.

RE: Data Logging / Graphs - Rob F - 04-10-2016

I've been jumping all over the place with intervals, after I changed to 60 seconds I decided to see what Apex could do and it wasn't clear but it looked no where near that. I was thinking others would log every few seconds lol. I also read something where you need to download the logs from the unit because it didn't hold that much. So I'm going to go back to the 8.5 minute intervals, the views will probably be the day, week, bi-weekly and monthly. If monthly is fast enough I'll try quarterly. At this rate a week of data loads in about a second.

RE: Data Logging / Graphs - rott - 04-10-2016

rob my local reef group has many members with apex's in them all new so I just posted your 2 questions in the forum and lets see who answers

RE: Data Logging / Graphs - Rob F - 04-10-2016

Thanks, it'll be interesting to know.