Robo-Tank DIY Aquarium Controller Forum
Web Access Connection Issue - Printable Version

+- Robo-Tank DIY Aquarium Controller Forum (https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum)
+-- Forum: Robo-Tank Arduino Based - NO LONGER AVAILABLE (https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: Robo-Tank Circuit Board Questions (https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Web Access Connection Issue (/thread-61.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Web Access Connection Issue - Tupac - 02-12-2016

Can't get connected to the web after hub connects to the router.  After following the read me file after clicking "get network info" it just keeps loading, the light never goes green on the top right corner of the display.   Sometimes when I back out of settings and back in my external IP will be broken up by blocks of numbers in place of where the dots in the address go ( such as 200036 192 200037 168 200068).

Also, sometimes after hitting resume just before generating password the power bar will lose connection and won't reconnect, have to power down then back up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

RE: Web Access Connection Issue - rott - 02-12-2016

Tupac I have the same problem as you

is your router password protected ?

RE: Web Access Connection Issue - Tupac - 02-12-2016

Thanks Rott for the quick reply.

It is but I opened up the port, Ethernet hub connects when monitored through serial monitor. Something I noticed though was it locates the files successfully the first time and confirms connecting to the router but after that it won't locate the files then confirms it's connected to the router. I have to eject the card and re-insert it for the files to be located again. Not sure if that helps.

Have you tried removing the router password?

Also, off topic but is there a new set of Eeprom files for v1.6? I didn't have any with my download so I just assumed they are the same for both versions.

RE: Web Access Connection Issue - rott - 02-12-2016

no same Eeprom but I didn't have Ethernet or SD I had to go find them

Tupac you get my msg

RE: Web Access Connection Issue - Tupac - 02-13-2016

Just got it, apologize for the wait.

RE: Web Access Connection Issue - Rob F - 02-13-2016

Hey Guys, it sounds like the problem is a common ground between the Ethernet Hub and Connector board. I chased my tail for hours over that one, for a quick test run a wire from one of the ground pins on the connector board to one of the grounds on the ethernet hub and it should work. The Ethernet board has its own eeprom but that gets filled as it runs. When there's no common ground the communications between the boards don't work and ties everything up which is why the green plug goes red. Hopefully this gets it going.

RE: Web Access Connection Issue - rott - 02-13-2016

Tupac have you tried this

RE: Web Access Connection Issue - Tupac - 02-13-2016

Yeah, didn't fix it. It actually caused the connection plug to go red within a couple seconds. Hopefully it works for you.

nope didn't cause the plug to go red but didn't give me internet nothing happen at all I used ground from the top board with all the usb connecters jumped from there to ground on Ethernet shield because I didn't see any other grounds on the board that the Ethernet shield plugs in to

if it is just ground to ground then why doesn't the ground in the usb take care of it?

So I assume both of you are only having problems with the expansion hub? Everything is ok until you connect it? I had the exact same problem in the original post on this thread before I realized what it was.

On the expansion hub use the ground hole in the middle of the board on the left side, its along the edge. A lot of the grounds on the USB jacks are switched so some aren't connected. If you're using a seperate power supply for the expansion hub connect a ground wire from the controller power supply to the expansion hub power supply to test it.

nope no go I have the wire going from the 12v power supply mounted to the top of the box and the other end going to ground on the edge of the board under where the power comes in and also tried it ground pin in the Ethernet card

ok so I cut the end off a wall plug I had and wired it to the 12v dc PSU for the controller and have the new board plugged with that so every thing is running from the same PSU and still no ip addy

maybe cause I have my router password protected ?? or I have UPnP turned off did you have to open a port or anything for it Rob when you set yours up

(02-13-2016, 10:22 PM)rott Wrote: nope no go I have the wire going from the 12v power supply mounted to the top of the box and the other end going to ground on the edge of the board under where the power comes in and also tried it ground pin in the Ethernet card

ok so I cut the end off a wall plug I had and wired it to the 12v dc PSU for the controller and have the new board plugged with that so every thing is running from the same PSU and still no ip addy

maybe cause I have my router password protected ?? or I have UPnP turned off did you have to open a port or anything for it Rob when you set yours up

I don't think its because the router is password protected, mine is as well. I'm not sure about the other settings but it could be something there. Is the plug on your display staying green when the hub is connected? Keep everything connected and have the hub connected to the computer and open the serial window in the Arduino IDE, post all the messages it prints out, it could take a minute or two to respond. When you select the text in the serial window press "Ctrl + C" to copy it as the mouse doesn't work.

ok this will take a few min I have nothing hooked up to computer

My IDE is 1.6.7 is that ok?

you wanted me to connect to the DUE that is under the Ethernet shield right?

If IDE 1.6.7 compiles the Ethernet sketch then it should be ok, if not use 1.6.0 which is required for the other sketches to compile properly. Yeah connect the Due on the Ethernet shield to the computer using the microUSB jack closest to the DC jack on the Due. Make sure you power up the ethernet board using the DC jack on the board though not on the Due.

I don't understand how you want it hooked up to the computer

ok I got it going been going since before your last msg and still no msgs

RE: Web Access Connection Issue - Rob F - 02-14-2016

Connect it to the computer like you were going to program it. If you get no messages it isn't connected properly. You'll definitely get one message telling you if it found the SD card or not. I'll have some test sketches you can try once I get time to make them.

RE: Web Access Connection Issue - Dom59 - 02-14-2016

Hello Rob,
Glad to see you had good holydays.
I feel a little bit stupid... For setting up web alerts, i cannot manage to generate token ID on Twitter.. I proceed as your writting, but i do not see something that it would be a token Id. In fact, i am not sure i understand what i have to do...

RE: Web Access Connection Issue - Rob F - 02-14-2016

Hi Dom59, I checked the link in my word file I sent out and it doesn't seem to work now, try this one it should work. This is step 2, let me  know how it goes.

http://arduino-tweet.appspot.com/oauth/twitter/login

RE: Web Access Connection Issue - Dom59 - 02-15-2016

Hi Rob,
It's ok now. But another question... In your "Twitter-ID" file, do we have to delete the first Line "twitter ID" or can we copy token ID just below?

(02-15-2016, 12:38 PM)Dom59 Wrote: Hi Rob,
It's ok now. But another question... In your "Twitter-ID" file, do we have to delete the first Line "twitter ID" or can we copy token ID just below?

And thanks a lot!...

RE: Web Access Connection Issue - Rob F - 02-15-2016

And thanks a lot!...

Glad to hear you got the ID, replace the "Twitter-ID" in the file with only the token ID, it should be on the first line of the file.