Robo-Tank DIY Aquarium Controller Forum
Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready - Printable Version

+- Robo-Tank DIY Aquarium Controller Forum (https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum)
+-- Forum: Robo-Tank Arduino Based - NO LONGER AVAILABLE (https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: Current News and Design Ideas (https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready (/thread-432.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready - Rob F - 07-12-2019

Ah brutal, thanks for letting me know. I made a small mod for someone and just looked and see I forgot to remove it before packaging the update. I'll do that right now, in 30 minutes you can download again. You can probably see the 2 functions that are commented out and below them are the same 2 functions. Remove the 2 and then uncomment the other two and you should be back to normal.

(07-12-2019, 07:09 AM)midwestE Wrote: After re-enabling the web features and rebooting, it will reboot loop again

That's the part that makes no sense. As you can see the watchdog isn't enabled until after the web connects and with all my tests if I put a 30 second delay before enabling the watchdog it won't restart unless 10 seconds have pasts after it enables. By the time it enables everything is done so I don't know why this is happening especially as I don't experience it. Maybe back in the day when I first enabled it I made a mod to my IDE that none of you have. I'll have to look into it more. The package now ready for download has the watchdog removed and that feeder issue fixed so just download again and upload and you should be set.

RE: Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready - Dom59 - 07-12-2019

Sorry also...
I said I had same issue, but after comment out internet line, it’s ok.

RE: Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready - midwestE - 07-12-2019

(07-12-2019, 07:22 AM)Rob F Wrote:
(07-12-2019, 07:09 AM)midwestE Wrote: After re-enabling the web features and rebooting, it will reboot loop again

That's the part that makes no sense. As you can see the watchdog isn't enabled until after the web connects and with all my tests if I put a 30 second delay before enabling the watchdog it won't restart unless 10 seconds have pasts after it enables. By the time it enables everything is done so I don't know why this is happening especially as I don't experience it. Maybe back in the day when I first enabled it I made a mod to my IDE that none of you have. I'll have to look into it more. The package now ready for download has the watchdog removed and that feeder issue fixed so just download again and upload and you should be set.

Not sure why, but uploading the new sketch I'm getting:

This should read 50: 255

(07-12-2019, 11:00 AM)midwestE Wrote:
(07-12-2019, 07:22 AM)Rob F Wrote:

Full serial monitor log is:

Starting Robo-Tank v5.20
Initializing sd card...
SUCCESS - sd card initialized.
SUCCESS - Found index.html file.
Starting Controller -------------------
assertion "(address & 0x80) == 0" failed: file "../source/twi.c", line 279, function: TWI_StartWrite
Exiting with status 1.

RE: Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready - midwestE - 07-12-2019

(07-12-2019, 07:22 AM)Rob F Wrote:

(07-12-2019, 07:22 AM)Rob F Wrote:

Full serial monitor log is:

Starting Robo-Tank v5.20
Initializing sd card...
SUCCESS - sd card initialized.
SUCCESS - Found index.html file.
Starting Controller -------------------
assertion "(address & 0x80) == 0" failed: file "../source/twi.c", line 279, function: TWI_StartWrite
Exiting with status 1.

All sorted out now.  I read in a different post that when it cant write to eeprom, you have to unplug it from power and USB for a period then plug it back in.  That worked and all seems to be working now.

(07-12-2019, 10:44 AM)Dom59 Wrote: Sorry also...
I said I had same issue, but after comment out internet line, it’s ok.

Thanks, strange why this is happening, will look into it more.

Are you having the issues you were in previous versions?

(07-12-2019, 12:27 PM)midwestE Wrote: All sorted out now.  I read in a different post that when it cant write to eeprom, you have to unplug it from power and USB for a period then plug it back in.  That worked and all seems to be working now.

Whew, that was scary my first read, glad it worked out.

RE: Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready - Dom59 - 07-12-2019

For the moment it’s running, but with only 1 t° sensor. Tomorrow I will try internet, ph probe and other sensors.

If you have all the sensors enabled on hardware connected screen than you'll be ok but if all are disabled expect one temp then there could still be issues. If there's a problem it should be easy to add a short delay.

RE: Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready - Dom59 - 07-13-2019

(07-12-2019, 01:31 PM)Rob F Wrote: If you have all the sensors enabled on hardware connected screen than you'll be ok but if all are disabled expect one temp then there could still be issues. If there's a problem it should be easy to add a short delay.

Hi Rob, 
 Without changing anything, display was frozen on clock screen saver, since 4 this morning.

RE: Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready - midwestE - 07-13-2019

Hey Rob,

Just noticed that the update cleared the temperature settings for the tank (reverted to 70-72). You may want to mention that in bold in the original post as some reef creatures will struggle at temps that low.

RE: Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready - Rob F - 07-13-2019

(07-13-2019, 04:10 AM)Dom59 Wrote: Hi Rob, 
 Without changing anything, display was frozen on clock screen saver, since 4 this morning.

Hi Dom, can you try disabling the screen saver, maybe I messed something up. I'm going to enable mine and let it run 24 hours. 

Do you know if just the display locked up or controller too? For future the best way to know this is first unplug RJ45 from display and plug it back in, if the display gets past the first red dot the controller was still running fine. If the screen was locked on an image I'm guessing only the display froze, typically if controller freezes the display will still function but with no current data.

(07-13-2019, 05:39 AM)midwestE Wrote: Hey Rob,

Just noticed that the update cleared the temperature settings for the tank (reverted to 70-72).  You may want to mention that in bold in the original post as some reef creatures will struggle at temps that low.

Hi midwestE, I will do that, sorry I wasn't very clear about the temps being reverted. Would defaults of maybe 75-77 be better? What do you think?

RE: Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready - Dom59 - 07-13-2019

Screen saver is disabled now. I don not know if it was the display or controller. But there is a lack of data on t° graph between 4 and 8 during display frozen. but just after, t° Was correct.

RE: Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready - Rob F - 07-13-2019

If the display is locked the graphs won't record any data, this also makes me think it was only display locked otherwise it would continue to log the last known value. If this happens again just unplug the display and plug back in to see if it starts up, this will tell us which was locked.

RE: Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready - midwestE - 07-15-2019

Rob, what are the safe temps for freshwater species? Id say a default of somewhere in the acceptable range for both would be best. 75-77 would be acceptable for saltwater

RE: Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready - Rob F - 07-15-2019

Thanks, I'll make a change for next update.

RE: Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready - simonv92 - 08-09-2019

Hi Rob, don't know if it's only an issue with my lcd, in Customize Home Page if I select Last Fish Feed in the right box it always put the icon in the left box... The touch comand works fine in the selected box...

RE: Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready - Rob F - 08-09-2019

Sorry that's a problem in the code, I'll have to fix that with the next update.

RE: Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready - fietsenrex - 08-18-2019

At which update will the expansion board work again?

RE: Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready - Rob F - 08-18-2019

It shouldn't be too much longer, maybe a month or so.

RE: Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready - fietsenrex - 08-19-2019

Nice, starting to plan on changing my fertilizers which require some more dosing pumps :)