Robo-Tank DIY Aquarium Controller Forum
Icon for return pump - Printable Version

+- Robo-Tank DIY Aquarium Controller Forum (https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum)
+-- Forum: Robo-Tank Arduino Based - NO LONGER AVAILABLE (https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: Comments & Suggestions (https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Icon for return pump (/thread-165.html)

Pages: 1 2

Icon for return pump - Arne - 09-16-2016

Hi,

I'm missing the icon for the return pump.
This pump is responsible for moving the water between the sump and the tank.

Kind regards,

Arne.

RE: Icon for return pump - fietsenrex - 09-16-2016

I just use the filter symbol, since the sump holds filter material/equipment

RE: Icon for return pump - Arne - 09-16-2016

Yeah, but sometimes you also have an extra filter pump inside your sump... ;-)
In Dutch it's called "potfilter" which pumps water through a container that can hold all kinds of materials, i.e. carbon.

canister filter in English ;)
I don't use it in my sump, just 2 pumps to pump the water back up to the tank, both are labelled as filter

you have 3 options for things with pumps:
-powerhead
-filter
-wavemakers

you could use the powerhead icon since the pump used in a sump is more or less a powerhead and keep the filter symbol for canister type filters

I use the powerhead icon for my 4 tank circulation pumps (stromingspompen).
But for now I'll use the filter icon, thanks... ;-)

ahha, the 4 circulation pumps you talk about are commonly referred to as wavemakers or powerheads on American forums.

don't know what kind of nightmare it would be to add that icon but it would be nice for people who run sumps.

Yes, that's why I used the Powerhead icon.

RE: Icon for return pump - Rob F - 09-16-2016

lol, yeah probably missing a few icons you want, sorry I can't have them all. You'll have to do what fietsenrex suggests. :) You can definitely change them if you can figure out which is for what, I know not easy. I'm quite busy right now with an update but I will be making a reference for images that can be easily changed so people know which ones to replace. It will happen. :)

A reference would be great Rob!
Or a Windows .raw file viewer so I can find out which image is which...

I used photoshop for the icons on my iAqua ;)
but a reference would be great, my UV sterilizer is currently displayed as a skimmer.

I also tried Photoshop but what it shows me doesn't make sence at all...

Yeah stay tuned. :) You can do the same fietsenrex but I know not easy figuring out what images to change.

Well, if I could have a look at the images provided with the software and find out which is which, it's easy to find the location in the software I think...

I don't know of any software to look at them, maybe its a add-on for photoshop or a setting I'm not sure.

did you try all the images?
guessing it is the Gr****.raw files for the icons

I guess the powerhead icon is this one: setPowHd.raw
But I don't want to exchange icons, I like them, I want an extra one... ;-)

When I i.e. try to open grL1.raw, Photoshop shows me this:

[attachment=159]

[attachment=160]

The images with gr in front are for graphs and the SetPowHd is the powerhead settings icon. The outlet icons start with r and have a number after that. You need to change 3 or 4 images for each outlet as there's different sizes. Won't be able to add another one, I have to be careful with images as they take up memory. With already over 550 and a lot more to come I need to conserve, plus there's no more room on the page for 10 icons. :) I get the same in photoshop, not sure what to suggest.

RE: Icon for return pump - fietsenrex - 09-17-2016

Does different bit dept make a difference?

I don't know how I had it setup.. Its over 2 years ago for me..

RE: Icon for return pump - Arne - 09-17-2016

In the first lines of the sketch you can see a little more easy what images are used.
Some can be viewed some not...
Depth didn't change a thing.

I will play around with Photoshop a little more.

RE: Icon for return pump - niksunen - 10-15-2016

It is quite easy to "unpack"/convert those raw files, edit them and repack back to raw. Atleast when figured out how it can be done :D When i get my package and build it up, i edit some of those icons for more suitable to me. I dont know if it allowed to share those modified icons? Rob? But if not i only use them for my personal use :)

(09-16-2016, 07:13 AM)Arne Wrote: I guess the powerhead icon is this one: setPowHd.raw
But I don't want to exchange icons, I like them, I want an extra one... ;-)

When I i.e. try to open grL1.raw, Photoshop shows me this:

I dont know why you want to open that grL1.raw file, because it has nothing to do with icons :D When you open that file, there is just that icon [attachment=169]

I made some testing and make quick some pump icon, they look terrible i know. I just use them to testing purpose only :D I also convert them to raw format, and when my kit arrived, i test to add / change some icons, and if it work, i change some of icon (but then i make better looking icons :D ) Example i don't use skimmer, so i take that icon and edit / change it to UV filter icon.

This is pump on icon [attachment=172] and this is pump off icon [attachment=173]