Robo-Tank DIY Aquarium Controller Forum
Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.5 - Printable Version

+- Robo-Tank DIY Aquarium Controller Forum (https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum)
+-- Forum: Robo-Tank (https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Current News and Design Ideas (https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.5 (/thread-1243.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.4 - Rob F - 04-03-2022

Unfortunately that's not possible due to different servers. With apache running the server for reef-pi won't start.

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.4 - gandalf - 04-04-2022

we could move reef pi web files to another location...

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.4 - Rob F - 04-04-2022

Give it a try if you like, I'm not sure what's needed, someone just told me the different servers collide so didn't think just relocating would help much.

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.4 - gandalf - 04-05-2022

If I understood properly, reef-fi has an integrated webserver, right ?
If yes, we could easy drop apache with something ligher and use a custom port (customizable) for robo-tank. Doing so running reef-pi and robo-tank will be possible.

robotank web interface is talking to the robotank service daemon, the http server is only used for the web interface, not for the communication between the web panel and the robo-tank daemon, right ?

If yes, it should be a trivial fix.

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.4 - Rob F - 04-05-2022

Yeah reef-pi has one built in. If it's not difficult and I can understand the change I'm open to a different webserver, what did you have in mind? I'm using a websocket to communicate front to back, not sure if that's dependent on Apache, probably not.

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.4 - gandalf - 04-05-2022

as this is not a public accessibile service, i would give Caddy web server a try. it's very light and supposed to be fast. if doesn't work, nginx will do for sure

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.4 - Rob F - 04-05-2022

Thanks, one day I'll look at it, too much going on right now. I know Apache is much overkill and large but it's running very well so I'll leave it today.

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.4 - loksik.lubos - 04-06-2022

where I download the latest version of reefpi

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.4 - Rob F - 04-06-2022

The easiest way is to run the install script, this will make sure Pi is configured properly. This will install 4.3 but after you can go to "admin" tab in reef-pi and update to v5.2, just type in 5.2 and hit update. It'll disconnect and then after clear browser cache and it should say 5.2 at bottom.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t9majBpGlqKacDjkyEZ1HQNWsTRo3woZ/edit#heading=h.tl5qkcuznso3

Here's a link to all the packages.

https://github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/releases

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.4 - loksik.lubos - 04-07-2022

why i don't see my dc ports it just shows dc port8. Ports are added and updated. It only shows me DC ports on the light card.They are not visible in ATO mode and macros and now I can't set my float

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.4 - Rob F - 04-07-2022

Did you add the DC ports to the equipment tab? If you ran the install script you should have all the connectors added, four DC ports are Outlet connectors and 3 are jacks. You may need to change those if you want a particular DC port on equipment tab. If you're still stuck maybe start a thread and post some pictures of the connectors and equipment tabs.

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.4 - loksik.lubos - 04-08-2022

Áno, po inštalácii ukazuje všetky porty a testoval som na stiahnutie staršej verzie a tiež rovnaký problém. Sériový port, ssh, I2C V raspberry mám povolený prístup a stále nevidím svoje DC porty. Skúšal som tiež manuálne pridať všetky porty bez úspechu

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.4 - Rob F - 04-08-2022

Sorry I need more info, not sure what you mean by can't find the DC ports. You have to add them to the equipment tab. Here are the pin numbers for the connectors.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vko1S54mZg7VzqSfKCu_LfAQ853S_Ebr/edit#heading=h.2jxsxqh

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.4 - loksik.lubos - 04-08-2022

Na karte Makro a ATO sa mi nezobrazujú porty DC,

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.4 - Coloredrock - 04-09-2022

Hack and slash here.. and I know it cant be as simple as it sounds.. but would it not be possible to have reef-pi run on port 80 and robotank run on port 88?

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.4 - gandalf - 04-09-2022

yes is possible

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.4 - Rob F - 04-09-2022

(04-08-2022, 10:19 PM)loksik.lubos Wrote: Na karte Makro a ATO sa mi nezobrazujú porty DC,

The DC ports aren't showing up because they are defined as Jack connectors. Only Outlet connectors appear on the equipment tab. You'll need to delete the Jack and add as an Outlet, then you can add to equipment tab and use in ATO etc. Remember after changing connectors to go to admin tab and press reload button.

(04-09-2022, 09:18 AM)Coloredrock Wrote: Hack and slash here.. and I know it cant be as simple as it sounds.. but would it not be possible to have reef-pi run on port 80 and robotank run on port 88?

A little embarrassed, at this time I'm not sure how you would go about doing that, I still have lots to learn on the networking side.

Hi, I just pushed out an update. Aside from this I was able to improve the initial install process, it turns out the Quickmail library I'm using for emails didn't compile properly at random, now I know a couple people ran into this issue as I was able to verify it. Instead of going through the complex install of Quickmail I simply copy over the library files already compiled which is working on all Pi's, I've tested on Pi Zero, Pi3 and Pi4. I think the fresh install will go better now, for sure one more issue solved. It's also required to run Debian Buster operating system, if you run Debain Bullseye you need to recompile the main app and the startup app after update which isn't recommended. If you're running Debian Bullseye it's best to do a fresh install. If you don't want to lose your charts you can backup /var/www/html/chartData/ folder and restore later, this holds the CSV files for them.

To update go to settings, then system and click "check for update".

I'm very excited about this update as it includes a fail safe for the PCA9685 which controls the DC ports and eight PWM channels. This chip is controlled via I2C, it interprets various commands and sets the 16 outputs accordingly. In most if not all DIY controllers the command is sent to the PCA9685 and basically fingers crossed it made it in tact and the PCA9685 actually updated. This can be critical for things such as dosing pumps as normally one on/off command is sent, now the program will send the command to update the PCA9685 and immediately send another command to read the same pin to verify it actually updated. If it didn't it will continue to send the command until it's set correctly. This is universal so any command from any system is verified. It's rare a command doesn't make it but can happen just based on how I2C works so. Of course I can't take the credit for creating such a feature, I did find it in a couple Arduino libraries and was able to convert it to how I'm managing it. I strongly feel this is the best feature of the app.

I also added the same verification to GPIO's on the Pi, after it updates it reads the pin to verify it's set correct, I think switching issues on the Pi GPIO is much less likely but may as well verify. I actually thought I had done this but only in initial testing.

I got a basic logging system running, this records all actions and the source that triggered it. This is the start of my custom table template that'll be used throughout, it's responsive and you can sort each column ascending or descending. It can load 2,200 records in about a second. Later I'm planning to add live search, better time frame selection and filters. For today the sort order and time frame isn't saved so it'll default to "Today" and sorted by "Timestamp".

And here's some other minor fixes.
  • Browser Date/Time - Clock would not show 24 hour format after adding RTC
  • Schedules - Date added was saved wrong in database after RTC was added
  • I2C Scanner - Removed auto scanner as it is not required - this was scanning the I2C bus every 10 seconds for changes which was kind of crazy as it adds lots of extra traffic and very unlikely someone adds something with controller powered, now it only scans when the controller starts up.
  • Charts - pH chart table in database wasn't being updated
  • Charts - charts were still getting timestamp from internet time, changed to controller system time
Here's an little example of the log, at one point I had a nice example but didn't save a picture so this is just random things after a fresh install. There's a total of 10 sources, 3 actions and 6 equipment types. Eventually this will log everything, when you configure ports, change icons, etc... it'll be like an audit report.

[Image: logs.PNG]

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.4 - Coloredrock - 04-10-2022

(04-09-2022, 02:25 PM)Rob F Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 09:18 AM)Coloredrock Wrote: Hack and slash here.. and I know it cant be as simple as it sounds.. but would it not be possible to have reef-pi run on port 80 and robotank run on port 88?

A little embarrassed, at this time I'm not sure how you would go about doing that, I still have lots to learn on the networking side.
dude.. your kidding me..

what you and others have done are amazing!

update the subject to 6.5 ;)

Flawless install... first time working for me! Looking forward to playing with it.