Robo-Tank DIY Aquarium Controller Forum
Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.5 - Printable Version

+- Robo-Tank DIY Aquarium Controller Forum (https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum)
+-- Forum: Robo-Tank (https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Current News and Design Ideas (https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.5 (/thread-1243.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.3 - gandalf - 02-15-2022

Let's assume I have a bad calibration or that the app doesn't properly use the previous calibration.
When in calibrate page, the "uncalibrated ph reading" should show the ph ignoring any previous calibration, something like a raw value, right ?
if yes, than the app is ignoring the previously made calibration because the value shown in the calibration page is the same as the value shown on dashboard (that should be corrected based on the calibration)

I've checked in DB and both value for "cal1" and "cal2" are set and "calType" is set to 2

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.3 - Rob F - 02-15-2022

Yeah the pH value on calibration page is a raw value so it should be different than home page if calibration is being applied. What do you have for buffer 1 and buffer 2 and cal1 and cal2? calType is correct for 2 point calibration. Maybe try deleting calibration, then verify in database buffer1 is 0 (equals 7.0ph) and cal2 is -177.48 (equals 10.0ph). Cal1 and cal2 should match at this point. After calibration cal1 and cal2 should be slightly different than the buffer values.

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.3 - gandalf - 02-16-2022

this is what i have after a calibration but still same value shown on calibration screen and dashboard

[attachment=589]

(please add a 3 points calibration, with pH 4 buffer)

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.3 - Rob F - 02-16-2022

That data looks good, I put it in mine and it adjusted pH as expected and when I went to calibrate it did change to the raw value. When you first load the calibration screen it will show the same as dashboard but the next update in 3 seconds should show the raw.

Try changing the calType from 2 to 0. 0 is no calibration, 1 is 1 point. After you change it you need to either restart the robotank.service or restart the Pi.

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.3 - gandalf - 02-19-2022

Rob any update about the new version with improvements on dosing pumps?

i'm almost ready to put Robo Tank on, but i need a working dosing system, the current one is not really good as i cant slow down the pumps and it dose too much

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.3 - david@rainess.com - 02-19-2022

Is there an option to configure a push button for triggering a feed mode macro/script ?

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.3 - Rob F - 02-19-2022

Sorry not sure when the dosing pumps will be finished, hopefully not much longer.

At this time there is no method to use a momentary push button, it needs to be a toggle but I will be adding that at some point.

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.3 - gandalf - 02-20-2022

but what do you estimate? a couple of days? weeks? months?

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.3 - Rob F - 02-20-2022

It'll be weeks till a month or two. It's very hard to estimate.

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.3 - gandalf - 02-21-2022

ok so i'll wait. in one previous post you wrote "next week" so as this is the "next week" i was hoping for a new release

anyway, do you know how to make the pump go slower like reef-pi? i would like to make a patch, just to be able to dose 1ml or less. actually with robo-tank the pumps are running at full speed

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.3 - Rob F - 02-21-2022

Yeah I was planning to have the v2/v3 compatibility done by now and then start on the dosing pumps. I was actually getting it ready to send out the other day and happened to test a DHT22 temp/humidity sensor which didn't work. I've been using the wiringPi library to manage the GPIO's and just removed that library to use sysfs instead but this broke the DHT22. The timing is critical when reading these, I suspect that's the problem. Spent many hours trying to get it working but can only with wiringPi. Very disappointing as I was so happy to remove that library.

The dosing pumps are set to run at full speed but the system is setup to be adjustable so it wouldn't be much to add a quick setting on the current page to tie over till I get the system changed. I'll shoot for next weekend as I don't want to put out an update with the DHT22 broke, I wish I didn't test it lol...

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.3 - gandalf - 03-01-2022

Rob, any update?

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.3 - Rob F - 03-01-2022

Hi Gandalf, sorry another week came and went. I have been putting some time into it and getting closer but need a little more time. I am hoping this week I can get it wrapped up, maybe it can happen by tonight.

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.3 - gandalf - 03-01-2022

ok, no problem. ??

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.3 - gandalf - 03-07-2022

I think the dosing pump calibration should be changed in something easier: insted of asking for ms/ml, jsut dose a defined amount of seconds, in example 10 secs.
Then ask how many milliliters where dosed in that time. much easier.

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.3 - Rob F - 03-07-2022

I can see that being easier, as is you need to run it many times as you tune. This would be once and then verify.

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.3 - gandalf - 03-07-2022

yes, maybe not once ti be accurate, but would be easier anyway

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.3 - simonv92 - 03-07-2022

Hi Rob, do you think it'll be possible to add a small lcd (maybe I2C) to show some basic tank data? Maybe water temperature, ecc...
Just to have a quick check of water status...

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.3 - Rob F - 03-07-2022

Hi Simon, it's possible but it would be a while. It might be easier to use a really small HDMI screen, then the home page can be edited to fit.

RE: Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.3 - david@rainess.com - 03-09-2022

what would be the negatives in using a tablet with wifi and some web explorer instead of finding an really small HDMI screen ?