Robo-Tank DIY Aquarium Controller Forum
Issue with getting ReefPi Dev Environment setup Correctly - Printable Version

+- Robo-Tank DIY Aquarium Controller Forum (https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum)
+-- Forum: Robo-Tank (https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Reef-pi Software Questions (https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Issue with getting ReefPi Dev Environment setup Correctly (/thread-1166.html)

Issue with getting ReefPi Dev Environment setup Correctly - kfialkowski - 11-08-2020

I am in the process of setting up my computer to allow me to work on the development of REEF-PI

I am following the doc at https://reef-pi.github.io/additional-documentation/development/

Here are the Steps   - versions  and error

-------------------------------

Ubuntu ver  : 20.04  LTS server amd64

Sudo apt-get update
Sudo apt-get ugrade

Go ver;           : go1.15.4.linux-amd64.tar.gz

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:longsleep/golang-backports
Code:
sudo apt update
Code:
sudo apt install golang-go
Code:

adminreefer@reefer:~$ go version
         go version go1.15.2 linux/amd64

NODEJS & NPM

Code:
sudo apt install nodejs npm

adminreefer@reefer:~$ node --version
v10.19.0
adminreefer@reefer:~$ npm --version

INSTALL REEFPI

export GOPATH=/home/adminreefer/goarea

sudo git clone https://github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi.git $GOPATH/src/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi

cd

$GOPATH
Code:
/src/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi

make install

make

HERE Is the error after running MAKE command

ERROR in ./front-end/assets/sass/style.scss
Module build failed (from ./node_modules/mini-css-extract-plugin/dist/loader.js):
ModuleBuildError: Module build failed (from ./node_modules/postcss-loader/dist/cjs.js):
ValidationError: Invalid options object. PostCSS Loader has been initialized using an options object that does not match the API schema.
- options has an unknown property 'plugins'. These properties are valid:
  object { postcssOptions?, execute?, sourceMap? }
    at validate (/home/adminreefer/goarea/src/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/postcss-loader/node_modules/schema-utils/dist/validate.js:104:11)
    at Object.loader (/home/adminreefer/goarea/src/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/postcss-loader/dist/index.js:43:29)
    at runLoaders (/home/adminreefer/goarea/src/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/webpack/lib/NormalModule.js:316:20)
    at /home/adminreefer/goarea/src/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/loader-runner/lib/LoaderRunner.js:367:11
    at /home/adminreefer/goarea/src/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/loader-runner/lib/LoaderRunner.js:233:18
@ ./front-end/src/app.jsx 23:0-20
@ ./front-end/src/entry.js
Child HtmlWebpackCompiler:
    1 asset
    Entrypoint HtmlWebpackPlugin_0 = __child-HtmlWebpackPlugin_0
    [./node_modules/html-webpack-plugin/lib/loader.js!./front-end/assets/home.html] 520 bytes {HtmlWebpackPlugin_0} [built]
Child mini-css-extract-plugin node_modules/css-loader/dist/cjs.js!node_modules/postcss-loader/dist/cjs.js??ref--6-2!node_modules/sass-loader/dist/cjs.js!front-end/assets/sass/style.scss:
    Entrypoint mini-css-extract-plugin = *
    [./node_modules/css-loader/dist/cjs.js!./node_modules/postcss-loader/dist/cjs.js?!./node_modules/sass-loader/dist/cjs.js!./front-end/assets/sass/style.scss] ./node_modules/css-loader/dist/cjs.js!./node_modules/postcss-loader/dist/cjs.js??ref--6-2!./node_modules/sass-loader/dist/cjs.js!./front-end/assets/sass/style.scss 636 bytes {mini-css-extract-plugin} [built] [failed] [1 error]

ERROR in ./front-end/assets/sass/style.scss (./node_modules/css-loader/dist/cjs.js!./node_modules/postcss-loader/dist/cjs.js??ref--6-2!./node_modules/sass-loader/dist/cjs.js!./front-end/assets/sass/style.scss)
    Module build failed (from ./node_modules/postcss-loader/dist/cjs.js):
    ValidationError: Invalid options object. PostCSS Loader has been initialized using an options object that does not match the API schema.
    - options has an unknown property 'plugins'. These properties are valid:
      object { postcssOptions?, execute?, sourceMap? }
        at validate (/home/adminreefer/goarea/src/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/postcss-loader/node_modules/schema-utils/dist/validate.js:104:11)
        at Object.loader (/home/adminreefer/goarea/src/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/postcss-loader/dist/index.js:43:29)

RE: Issue with getting ReefPi Dev Environment setup Correctly - Rob F - 11-08-2020

Sorry can't help you there but maybe someone will jump in.

RE: Issue with getting ReefPi Dev Environment setup Correctly - JFReyes - 11-09-2020

@kfialkowski:

I examined your posted error log in detail and could not find a quick solution to the problem, sorry. Did you get any error messages doing 'make install'? The log points to a problem with 'options' in front-end/assets/sass/style.scss but in my copy it looks like a regular .scss file and the word options doesn't appear anywhere.

Try erasing the whole installation and restarting from the github clone step; perhaps there was a problem with the download.

RE: Issue with getting ReefPi Dev Environment setup Correctly - kfialkowski - 11-09-2020

I did not get any error on make install at all.

BUT

I spent all night redoing all of the NPM packages and found that if I did the following everything worked and I now have a functioning site ;

Downgraded to postcss-loader v3 to work (not ideal, but does the job for now):
npm uninstall postcss-loader --save-dev
npm install postcss-loader@~3.0.0 --save-dev

I then ran the make without any errors

RE: Issue with getting ReefPi Dev Environment setup Correctly - JFReyes - 11-09-2020

(11-09-2020, 10:42 AM)kfialkowski Wrote: I did not get any error on make install at all.

BUT

I spent all night redoing all of the NPM packages and found that if I did the following everything worked and I now have a functioning site ;

Downgraded to postcss-loader v3 to work (not ideal, but does the job for now):
npm uninstall postcss-loader --save-dev
npm install postcss-loader@~3.0.0 --save-dev

I then ran the make without any errors

Excellent! Glad you could solve it and thanks for sharing the information.

Cheers,