Robo-Tank v6.7 is Ready

I unfortunately had to revert back to 6.6.

Last night it dumped my magnesium supplement reservoir into my tank like it did my calcium.

It was scheduled to dose 10ML per day at 3:30 AM.

I had already ran the updates yesterday that you posted for the dose issue.

I do have a second controller so I can still test fixes / updates.
Very sorry to hear that. I have repackaged v6.7, hopefully I got it fixed but not 100% sure. I did change the logging for the dosing pumps, now it logs when the pump starts and when it stops.

I'm trying to build in fail safes for things, for the dosing pumps I added the "minimum delay between doses" setting for that reason however I can see that's not going to work for everyone. @GarrickG is a good example. Now I'm thinking of running an independent query on the schedules that will add up the total amount being dosed that day. Then as it doses throughout the day it will track how much has been dosed, once it hits the total amount expected to be dosed that day via schedules it will no longer dose and will send out an alert saying the system is trying to dose more than expected.

I also have a "minimum delay between doses" setting with the custom rules however this only overrides the main delay counter if it's set. I'm going to change the custom rule dose delay to only monitor custom rules. I think that would be more useful as you could say I don't want any more doses from a custom rule for X minutes after a custom rule ran. I'll still leave the main dose delay as that will be useful for some.

Let me know your thoughts, if you think this is good or anything else I could do? Obviously it's very important overdosing can't happen.
Did you find a fix for the over dousing issue? I setup a tester and clean loaded it a couple days ago. It ran find for a few days then went haywire again.

The one labeled Green Nitrate was suppose to dose once every 3 days 6 ML and it started its dose and kept going. Luckily it was not on my actual tank.

1721338090640.png

Did you find a fix for the over dousing issue? I setup a tester and clean loaded it a couple days ago. It ran find for a few days then went haywire again.

The one labeled Green Nitrate was suppose to dose once every 3 days 6 ML and it started its dose and kept going. Luckily it was not on my actual tank.

View attachment 754
Hi @Tea sorry for the long delay, I'm currently away. I was hoping I had fixed it but apparently not, seeing the log does help though as I can see it starts, stops and then repeats, before I wasn't sure if it just starts and doesn't stop. This tells me it's not the dosing code which makes sense as this wasn't a problem in 6.6. It seems like it's not recalculating the next schedule after the dose is finished so it thinks based on the last schedule time it has it still needs to schedule. The odd part is at 8:57:18PM it seems to have sorted itself out. I'll take a look as soon as I can and definitely don't trust it for dosing as this will happen again. Thanks for letting me know and sending the image.

Hi @Tea sorry for the long delay, I'm currently away. I was hoping I had fixed it but apparently not, seeing the log does help though as I can see it starts, stops and then repeats, before I wasn't sure if it just starts and doesn't stop. This tells me it's not the dosing code which makes sense as this wasn't a problem in 6.6. It seems like it's not recalculating the next schedule after the dose is finished so it thinks based on the last schedule time it has it still needs to schedule. The odd part is at 8:57:18PM it seems to have sorted itself out. I'll take a look as soon as I can and definitely don't trust it for dosing as this will happen again. Thanks for letting me know and sending the image.
I believe the reason why it stopped was the remaining level reached 0 of 1500ML

I believe the reason why it stopped was the remaining level reached 0 of 1500ML
Thanks @Tea that makes sense. I'm going to add an extra line to the log showing the details when it calculates the next dose after the dose is finished as I'm still not sure what's happening. I think it's simple and I'm just missing it so this should tell us. Unfortunately I haven't had this happen yet so it's making it hard to track down.

Back