Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
outlets backwards after 5.2 upgrade
Hi Rob,
I finally got around to upgrading my system to 5.2.  Now my power outlet indicators are reversed.  As in, when an outlet is green on the display, it's off instead of on.  This extends to setting a rule, if it's set to turn on, it turns off and vice versa.  
Otherwise everything seems fine, love that the screensaver works again.
Thoughts?
Thanks,
Warren
Reply to top
Hi Warren, good to hear from you. I hope 5.2 works for you, it had some issues with light scheduling a couple other things. It works and I'm using it but you could hit something, let me know if you. If you setup lights don't use any advanced features such as changing mode numbers after you make them. Create them in order as they would run and stick with the features you're already familiar with. If something doesn't work first thing to try is go to settings, system and press the sync button, usually that sorts things out.

For the outlets there's a setting to change it back. Go to settings, hardware, equipment connected, view addons and you'll see two power bars. Select one and change the "power bar version". That should fix it. Might have to restart for rules.
Reply to top
(12-21-2020, 06:48 PM)lumpylipton Wrote: Hi Rob,
I finally got around to upgrading my system to 5.2.  Now my power outlet indicators are reversed.  As in, when an outlet is green on the display, it's off instead of on.  This extends to setting a rule, if it's set to turn on, it turns off and vice versa.  
Otherwise everything seems fine, love that the screensaver works again.
Thoughts?
Thanks,
Warren
OK, perfect that worked, didn't realize that setting existed.  Here's a weird one though...ATO through the default 12v port was working, but now it's not, no voltage on that line when the ATO is on (green icon).  Is that a known issue?  I'm going to try a 110v pump instead, but would prefer to use the 12v I currently have if possible.
Thanks!
Warren
Reply to top
I'm not really sure what's going on, I hate to say it but I think you may need to go back to what you were using. Why did you update?
Reply to top
(12-22-2020, 12:39 PM)lumpylipton Wrote: OK, perfect that worked, didn't realize that setting existed.  Here's a weird one though...ATO through the default 12v port was working, but now it's not, no voltage on that line when the ATO is on (green icon).  Is that a known issue?  I'm going to try a 110v pump instead, but would prefer to use the 12v I currently have if possible.
Thanks!
Warren

What version controller board do you have? If you look on the PCB you should see a Rev version.
Reply to top
It's Rev F.  I updated for the screensaver and the hopes that it would fix some other glitchiness I had encountered with the older version (sensor values not refreshing for long periods of time, partial lockups in the lighting sliders.  It actually fixed all of those issues, so I'm generally happy.  When I switch to AC ATO, I can hear the relay click, so I assume that will work (ordered a pump).  But for whatever reason the DC no longer works.
Am I able to connect your PH probe extension board to my version?
Thanks,
Warren
Reply to top
If it's not one thing it's another. As you want a pH circuit I highly recommend upgrading to the latest reef-pi controller as it's only $25 extra and it definitely runs better. Send me an email and we can work out a deal.
Reply to top