Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
micro sd card and lights
Brick 
Okay so i am having some  problems 

1. cant format the micro sd card for the ex.hub.  16 gig card.  only options fat32 , exfat,  ntfs.  

2. For some reason i cant seem to get my lights to dim according to the schedule i set up.   They  go up in the morning but to not go down at evening . 
       If i hit the resume button then they dim.

3.  see pic   IP address?

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
Hi Aron, on the expansion hub the microSD card has to be formatted as fat or fat16, you probably don't have the option because the card is so large. There's a small program called SDformatter that might format it correctly. The new update has been changed so the expansion hub can use fat32, I'm trying hard to get it finished but I caused a problem I have to fix before I release it.

With your lights maybe its because the display has different settings then the power bar, that can happen if you change a setting without the power bar connected. Try pressing the sync button on the page you attached, that should fix it.

The IP not showing is a problem however its only visual. It looks like your local IP is 192.168.8.20 but there could be a number at the end that was cut off. In the browser type in 192.168.8.20:7626 and it should load.
Reply to top
Okay i will get a smaller card
I was able to put in the ip address and log in i think but all i get is a blank white screen.
I did sync the display and the power bar a few times and i have not made any changes with the two separated.
Reply to top
You won't get anything without the microSD card. You also have to add a username and password to the files in the package.

Does your light start a fade a 12:00am? If so change it to 12:01, I found an issue if lights and power outlets were set to 12:00am the light wouldn't start. If its not that can you post your schedule times so I can try it on mine?
Reply to top
Okay thanks

What size card do i need?
Reply to top
I just looked it up and it appears it has to be 2gb or smaller to format it to fat16 file system.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lights Ramp V5.2 Mike F 3 3,230 04-02-2020, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Rob F
  lights goes off almost always when they are at high sun johnrc 7 7,242 07-20-2017, 01:00 AM
Last Post: Rob F