Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
automatic water change
Hello, it is possible to create an automatic water change in the aquarium over time with multiple settings. I will determine how much water I want to drain and then refill
Reply to top
you could do that with a drip irrigation type of set up just siphon from tank and put drip head at the drain end they come in many size of dripper from just a gallon a day to many gallons an hour some are set up for you to adjust the amount of drip rate for your needs then set the auto fill on the AWC to refill the tank as you want to very easy set up and inexpensive
Reply to top
(11-20-2019, 12:32 PM)loksik.lubos Wrote: Hello, it is possible to create an automatic water change in the aquarium over time with multiple settings. I will determine how much water I want to drain and then refill

Hi Loksik, you could setup an automatic water change using the maintenance mode with custom rules using float switches or non-contact sensors to turn the pump on/off. You can schedule when the maintenance mode activates which can start the water change by turning on a pump to drain the water, once the water drains to the low sensor a custom rule can turn it off and another pump could be turned on to fill it back up, once the water hits the high level sensor the fill pump could be turned back off. In the maintenance mode settings you can select which outlets or DC accessory ports get turned on/off during maintenance. When the maintenance mode comes to an end everything will go back to normal operating mode.
Reply to top
Also you can drill your aquarium and make an overflow and with the maintenance mode create a rule where you can open a magnetic valve connecting with the water line or even better connected with the R.O. adding fresh water from the opposite side of the aquarium where you have the overflow and that's it....
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Water Parameter Values Rob F 16 14,617 03-14-2016, 08:42 PM
Last Post: rott