Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robotank V6 issues
Hi Rob

I testing my lights scheduled and it doesn't transition or fades as it supposes

What am I doing wrong?

But I click on the individual scheduling then it works but obviously remains on that mode

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
Hi Fred, I just did some quick testing and it seems to work ok so I'm wondering if it's having issues due to a full 24 hour cycle.

The last mode you shouldn't need, at 9:00pm I'm assuming the lights are off so you only need to start a schedule at 7:00am and it will start the morning fade using the 9:00pm levels.
Reply to top
(10-12-2021, 07:27 AM)Rob F Wrote: Hi Fred, I just did some quick testing and it seems to work ok so I'm wondering if it's having issues due to a full 24 hour cycle.

The last mode you shouldn't need, at 9:00pm I'm assuming the lights are off so you only need to start a schedule at 7:00am and it will start the morning fade using the 9:00pm levels.

Hi Rob 
Create a new schedule and still no success K05109

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
Oh no, could you post pictures with the modes expanded so I can see the levels and test the same. Also what ports are you using?
Reply to top
(10-14-2021, 07:39 PM)Rob F Wrote: Oh no, could you post pictures with the modes expanded so I can see the levels and test the same. Also what ports are you using?

(10-14-2021, 07:39 PM)Rob F Wrote: Oh no, could you post pictures with the modes expanded so I can see the levels and test the same. Also what ports are you using?
Issue would not be because it starts at 12pm to finish at 7pm?
Reply to top
It shouldn't be, the start/stop times are stored in seconds. 86400 seconds in 24 hours so 12:00pm would be saved as 43200. Today I'm going to dig into this, something must be wrong as a few has reported it.
Reply to top
it is no coincidence that you use 2 hour AM and PM modes
Reply to top
The way it tracks the times it shouldn't matter, the AM/PM is only for the interface. The actual program uses unix timestamp throughout like this.

https://www.epochconverter.com/

When the controller starts or after a mode runs the system reads all the modes, converts the start/stop seconds to a unix timestamp, sorts them and knows the next schedule to start. Then it just waits for current timestamp to be greater than schedule timestamp.
Reply to top
Hi Rob

Deleted everything and did this one and the same issue. It will not start or transit unless I click on the schedule 

It was working on reef pi  K05106

I'm just trying to start the lights at 7 am till 7 pm

So far even the slider at 0, my lights are still on but dim 

I will check the voltage later

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
Thanks Fred, I'm working on it right now and making some changes.

Can you post your controller ID, when I'm done I'll post an update for you to try.

A minimum of two schedules is required as it needs two levels to fade. With only one schedule it should remain at the levels set.
Reply to top
(10-15-2021, 04:54 PM)Rob F Wrote: Thanks Fred, I'm working on it right now and making some changes.

Can you post your controller ID, when I'm done I'll post an update for you to try.

A minimum of two schedules is required as it needs two levels to fade. With only one schedule it should remain at the levels set.

Hi Rob
Thanks really appreciate 

ID 776885069
[-] The following 1 user Likes fred73's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top
Hi Rob

Any updates on the new Light schedule release?

Cheers
Reply to top
Hi Fred, sorry it's still slowly getting there as I haven't had much time lately but it's too far from being done. I'm hoping this week I can complete it.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem reboot with robotank tutuss21 11 3,692 08-08-2022, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Robotank v6 - can not save any schedule kukulin 5 2,838 11-07-2021, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Rob F