Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Robo-Tank v6.0 is Ready - Now v6.5
great! so for the RTC you are using something similiar to what i did on my own, RTC as "backup" loaded on start but ntp, if available, has the priority

for the doser: please add something like: dose 30ml between hour X and hour Y, in Z times. in example: dose 30ml between 00am and 10am in 10 times. It shoild dose 3ml hourly. (each schedule should Honor the constrsint between other doser, like 15 minuts gap (to not dose 2 or more products at the same time as some product could react )

i've read better your post, maybe you have already added the "distributed" dosing...
Reply to top
I'm not sure how you liked it, I did it like this but there are a couple methods at least.

https://thepihut.com/blogs/raspberry-pi-...spberry-pi

The Pi has an interesting method of handling the time, sounds like something I would do. As the Pi doesn't have the RTC it saves the time it thinks it is to a text file every hour or if the Pi is shutdown properly. When the Pi boots up it reads that text file and uses that for the boot up time if no NTP available. Now with the RTC enabled when the Pi boots it'll read the RTC instead of that text file for the starting time if no NTP is available. So only thing that changes is what the Pi fallbacks on if no NTP available. Once the Pi gets time from text or RTC it uses it's own counter to keep it running so I believe it'll only read text or RTC at boot if required and never again while running.

Sorry right now I'm not going to add any extras for the dosing, I really want to get this update out as some things are important. I'll have to revisit dosing again anyways for stirrers. Also right now with the group schedule it's technically not a group, it'll just automate creating all the individual schedules, I think at some point I want the group to stay intact and expand for viewing as a few of these could create a lot of schedules quick and get messy to navigate. Nice thing is after group is made you can delete or edit any of them.

Today I got a new place to live and I haven't even started to get ready so now it'll be a week till I touch anything.
Reply to top
I'm the only one to see that remaining doses are updated twice in the web interface ? In example I had 125 doses left, i did a manual dose, then I had 123. I did it again and it was 121, then 119.....

Log seems ok:

May 31 19:55:07 gandalf-reef startup[3054]: startDosing------------------------------5
May 31 19:55:14 gandalf-reef startup[3054]: stopDosing------------------------------5

it dosed for about 7 seconds. As I'm dosing 2ml with a pump with 3480ms/ml, 7 seconds are more or less correct.
Reply to top
Yeah that's normal, it's only a UI issue and should be fixed with the update, if you refresh the webpage after that happens you should see it go back to the proper doses remaining.
Reply to top
yes, that's right. i didn't notice that before
Reply to top
Rob, any update?
Reply to top
Sorry no update yet, I'm settled in now so should get back at it soon. I know a broken record by now but it's really going to happen one of these days soon.
Reply to top
Ok perfect, i'm not in a rush, just curious
[-] The following 1 user Likes gandalf's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top
hi rob, it's been 3 weeks from the latest update, do you have good news ?
Reply to top
Hi, sorry not much good news, I played with it a few hours the other day but that's about it. Now with summer here I'm finding it hard to be locked to the computer, our summers are very short so need to enjoy when it's here. There really isn't too much I need to do to finish it so decent chance I'll have it ready by the end of the month.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rob F's post:
  • albinochicken89, gandalf
Reply to top
Rob do you have news?
i'm waiting for the all-day-long schedule, like setting 20ml to be dosed across the whole day, without creating 24 schedules manually
Reply to top
Hi Gandalf, good to hear 24 schedules is working. :) Sorry no news, I haven't done much. The shortage on Pi's isn't helping motivate me either, my gut feeling is this isn't ending anytime soon and now it feels like I'm making a program that I can't use like I had planned. The last few months sales have tanked as Pi's are just too expensive or can't be found. I honestly don't know what to do. I also feel I should keep going though because maybe the Pi's do come back and it would be nice to be further ahead when that happens.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rob F's post:
  • loksik.lubos
Reply to top
Not a good news this.
I've bought the robo-tank system mainly for the new app and now you are unsure if there will be new releases ?
Reply to top
See this kind of post I don't like because it's untrue and misleading, don't be asking for any more favors now, I've spent so much time with you going way over and beyond and this is the thanks I get? You first inquired about the controller in July 2021 telling me you were wanting to buy my hardware to develop your own software because you're a software developer, here's a small snippet from that message.

Quote:I'm a professional software developer, i'm developing a cloud-based tank controller software. I'm trying to use, as much as possible, existing hardware (tasmota, sonoff, Shelly, ....). My primary goal is develop the best software management app.

I've found reef-pi very interesting but the software isn't "cute", so my thinking was to use the reef-pi hardware (even better, your hardware) but with my software on board.

I replied to that saying I thought that was cool and I mentioned I was also working on an app and looking forward to seeing what you come up with, you never replied to that message and then 4 months later in November you place an order after I went out of my way to give you an extra discount. 

Before this however on October 19th you posted a few messages in this forum asking about hardware and my app before you ordered, I specially said the following in my reply about the app, you didn't reply to that message.

Quote:Don't buy the controller based on this program though, I recommend you still use reef-pi, it's not ready for prime time yet, see this is a possible bonus.

Here's your full post and my response is the next post.

https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/Thread-Ro...98#pid6698
Reply to top
Mine was just a question.
Probably selling hardware and stopping the development is something that hurts you. It's your problem.
I'm not the one that is thinking to stop the development after selling the hardware ignoring existing customers (PAYING CUSTOMER, so you are not making any favors to me/us, we are PAYING CUSTOMERS, your's is not an open-source project and you should consider us for what we are: paying customers).

(and i'm not the one that release a v3 the day after i've purchased the v2, without saying a single word like: hey, tomorrow i'm releasing the new and improved hardware version, please wait if you are not in a rush)

Yes, i'm developing my own software, as you know (and I've fixed A LOT of bugs in your robo-tank)
I was just waiting for your changes to the schedule system because no one likes to work on an outdated software or developing the same that would be added natively in the next release. The plan was: let's wait, it's a matter of weeks (you wrote this), then start adding feature on top of an updated base. But these weeks changed to months and now probably never happens.
Reply to top
Hi Rob ! You did a good  job. Which would be nice is to have a stable and working version. even if it’s a version with a minimum of functionality. Currently, I had to remove the dcport controls because, as I told you, in the event of a restart, they remain off. I will try to remote RTC when i get back from vacation.
Don’t give up ! Robotank is very interesting, it doesn’t miss much for working well.
Reply to top
(08-03-2022, 03:13 AM)gandalf Wrote: Mine was just a question.
Probably selling hardware and stopping the development is something that hurts you. It's your problem.
I'm not the one that is thinking to stop the development after selling the hardware ignoring existing customers (PAYING CUSTOMER, so you are not making any favors to me/us, we are PAYING CUSTOMERS, your's is not an open-source project and you should consider us for what we are: paying customers).

(and i'm not the one that release a v3 the day after i've purchased the v2, without saying a single word like: hey, tomorrow i'm releasing the new and improved hardware version, please wait if you are not in a rush)

Yes, i'm developing my own software, as you know (and I've fixed A LOT of bugs in your robo-tank)
I was just waiting for your changes to the schedule system because no one likes to work on an outdated software or developing the same that would be added natively in the next release. The plan was: let's wait, it's a matter of weeks (you wrote this), then start adding feature on top of an updated base. But these weeks changed to months and now probably never happens.

Sorry I see your post as much more than a question, it's implying I did you harm and you're a victim.

Not sure I would consider 141 forum posts and 162 emails between us ignoring you. You needed an extra pH circuit for you KH robot, you thought mine was too expensive and bought an alternative, when that didn't work as you expected and as I warned I still went out of my way to help you try and get it working even though it's not my hardware, if that's not going above and beyond I don't know what is.

You do it again with the v2/v3 controller, that was not released the day after you ordered and you know that, when you ordered I didn't know v3 was coming. I was and still am sorry you felt wronged by not getting the updated controller but we've been through this and you came around as v3 has nothing extra over v2, all the same features still exist and is 100% compatible going forward. 

It doesn't sound like your developing your own software, based on your last message it sounds like you are using my program as a base to change to your liking, that's a very different thing.

Anyways I'm done with this, feel free to post once more on this topic to get the last word if you feel you need to.
Reply to top
(08-03-2022, 09:44 AM)tutuss21 Wrote: Hi Rob ! You did a good  job. Which would be nice is to have a stable and working version. even if it’s a version with a minimum of functionality. Currently, I had to remove the dcport controls because, as I told you, in the event of a restart, they remain off. I will try to remote RTC when i get back from vacation.
Don’t give up ! Robotank is very interesting, it doesn’t miss much for working well.

Thanks tutuss21, I haven't given up even even though my post wasn't so positive, it's just how I'm feeling right now. I really do want to clean up the lose ends and it will happen but sadly I need to work which takes up lots of my time and I'm finding it hard to stay motivated on the app when there's not much chance of compensation for working overtime, it really stinks these Pi's are almost none existent now.
Reply to top
Hi Rob,

Do you have any logic built into your software?  Specifically I would like to be able to have some simple if logic.  i.e.  

IF return pump = off then variable = now(); 

IF variable = now()+300 then return pump = on, variable = 0
[-] The following 1 user Likes dmsc2fs's post:
  • albinochicken89
Reply to top
Hi dmsc2fs, nothing like that yet, just the custom rules which over time should do everything. I'm hoping I can come up with a more intuitive method of adding them but yeah eventually the custom rules will grow into much more.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robo-Tank v6.6 is Ready Rob F 75 20,762 03-09-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Enigma79
  Reef-pi Hardware Now Available Rob F 20 13,358 06-18-2020, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Rob F