Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robo-Tank v5.10 is Ready
Yeah try leaving the number of channels to 16 and also just in case don't start a new schedule when one is finishing, leave at least a minute padding to see if that helps. For example if you have schedule run a 9:00 for 1 hour that runs till 10:00 so don't start schedule at 10:00 start at 10:01.
Reply to top
All fades run for 25 minutes, each fade starts at **:00 of **:30 so no overlap.
I’ll have to check the power schedules but they also shouldn’t overlap with anything.

Fun thing, it magically has gone from 4 or 5 to 7 regarding intensity
Reply to top
I think you should go to settings, system and press restore defaults then set up everything again, sorry. But don't touch any of the hardware connected, just setup what you use.
Reply to top
Great...
Gonna do that tommorow, should’ve done that while the controller was still blank..

For now I’ve set all schedules So they don’t overlap with anything there is always 1 minute “nothing”
Reply to top
Sounds good. Outlet schedules and the like don't have anything to do with the light schedules as they are completely different systems so they can't affect them. Doing the restore should get it working properly, I think it was the hardware connected page causing the problems.
Reply to top
Will it get fixed in the next update?
I like to switch off everything that is not in use to make it as lean and clean as possible
Reply to top
I do not remember. Ports of v5 are not the same than v4. Is there a list for that? My t° sensor is on plug 5 of board ( sensor 1) and on v5 it’s port 9.... I am a little bit confuse....
Reply to top
Bei mir geht seit heute Nachmittag garnichts mehr sync sybol rot nach neustart nur startbilschirm , sd karten wurden beide gefunden , hab jetzt keine heizung und filter mehr , nix geht . Ich habe nichts verändert
Reply to top
Hi Dom59, yes port 9, 10 and 11 are the temps from 4.* called watertemp, temp/humidity and light temp.

I do recall seeing a picture or a reference sheet for the Ports But didn’t find any.
Atleast I got distracted searching
Reply to top
(04-11-2019, 01:08 PM)fietsenrex Wrote: Hi Dom59, yes port 9, 10 and 11 are the temps from 4.* called watertemp, temp/humidity and light temp.

I do recall seeing a picture or a reference sheet for the Ports But didn’t find any.
Atleast I got distracted searching
Thanks.  I thought also have seen that...
Reply to top
Yeah maybe some gen 3 hardware thread in the hardware section or So

Water temp port 9 - Arduino pin 51
Air temp port 10 - Arduino pin 53
Light temp port 11 - Arduino pin A6
Temp1 port 12 - Arduino pin A7
Temp2 port 13 - Arduino pin A8

Found in thread regarding some temp issues in the hardware section
Reply to top
(04-11-2019, 12:01 AM)fietsenrex Wrote: Will it get fixed in the next update?
I like to switch off everything that is not in use to make it as lean and clean as possible

Yeah I'll get that fixed soon. That's why I added it so you could make clean and lean but in comparison to v4.2 it's doing ok. I never did do a check with 4.2 but I'm guessing it would have been around 400 per second instead of 1900. If v5 if you disable enough sensors it can jump to over 9999.

(04-11-2019, 12:30 PM)Dom59 Wrote: I do not remember. Ports of v5 are not the same than v4. Is there a list for that? My t° sensor is on plug 5 of board ( sensor 1) and on v5 it’s port 9.... I am a little bit confuse....

It's actually not too confusing once you know. ;) If you have your ports marked on Gen2 change the names to match Gen3. To get the updated port numbers use the face plate for Gen3 as a reference. 

https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/Thread-Co...-Faceplate

On Gen2 temps are water = 1, air = 2, light = 3, temp 1 = 4, temp 2 = 5, temp 3 = 6, temp 4 = 7.  On the top row of face plate is the sensor number, which is these numbers, so temp 1 = Port 9 on Gen3. 

DC accessory 1 on Gen2 = Port 17 on Gen3 according to the face plate. Just follow everything like this.

As you see Gen3 doesn't have temp 6 or 7 and a few others are missing, soon those will be made available again to you.

(04-11-2019, 12:44 PM)Addi Wrote: Bei mir geht seit heute Nachmittag garnichts mehr sync sybol rot  nach neustart nur startbilschirm , sd karten wurden beide gefunden , hab jetzt keine heizung und filter mehr , nix geht . Ich habe nichts verändert

Sorry to hear this Addi, did the controller just restart itself? Did you try disconnecting all power to see if it starts up? When you look at the Arduino IDE serial monitor for controller does the last line say "Startup Complete.........."? Does the eeprom line during startup show 50 or 255?
Reply to top
Danke für die schnelle Antwort , den Srom hab ich schon unterbrochen, im Seriellen Monitor steht eeprom 50:50 aber kein startup complete
Reply to top
Sorry I don't understand "den Srom hab ich schon unterbrochen,"?

I don't know how this happened but it seems like the controller is in a never ending loop based of a bad setting. If you don't see "startup complete" the display will stay on 1 red square. Unfortunately you will have to upload the "pre-update" sketch from v5.11 download on the controller, after uploading check serial monitor so you see when it finishes running, takes about 7 minutes. After that upload 5.11 again and you should get start completed and display will go. Then you need to go to settings, system and press restore defaults.
Reply to top
Den Arduino Due vom Display und vom Controller hab ich gegen neue Due getauscht und mit v5.11 bespielt , genau das gleiche
Reply to top
You'll have to upload that pre-update sketch, its in the fresh install, sketches, folder of the download. After you upload make sure to wait 7 minutes before uploading again.
Reply to top
So hab ich gemacht , keine änderung ,wie gestern
Reply to top
(04-12-2019, 06:50 AM)Addi Wrote: So hab ich gemacht , keine änderung ,wie gestern

If I can help, on my side, I had starting issue up to I switched off/on between preupdate and upload display and controller.
Reply to top
Addi, could you please write in english?
I can’t understand german But I might be able to help while rob is still sleeping
Reply to top
(04-12-2019, 06:50 AM)Addi Wrote: So hab ich gemacht , keine änderung ,wie gestern

When you do the pre-update do you see "finished" when it's done? Can you post the data from serial monitor when you do pre-update and then after installing 5.11 on the controller. Do you have web features enabled with no connection to router?

Fietsenrex, I always type in Google, German to English and then can paste it in for translation.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready Rob F 51 30,508 05-31-2020, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Robo-Tank v5.13 is Ready Rob F 61 35,409 06-19-2019, 12:30 AM
  Robo-Tank v5.12 is Ready Rob F 34 22,205 04-30-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: fietsenrex
  Robo-Tank v5.0 is Ready Rob F 206 133,284 04-03-2019, 09:18 AM