1st step is OK?

Starting Robo-Tank v5.11
IniStarting Robo-Tank v5.11
Initializing sd card...
SUCCESS - sd card initialized.
SUCCESS - Found robotank.raw file.
This Should Read 50: 50
Reply to top
In the files I sent there's a sketch for display, use it as I've uncommented the CPLD display and added file for calibration. But yeah that's what you should get.
Reply to top
I try in few minutes

Yes!! Display seems ok with your new file.
Next step : controller
Reply to top
Heist das das CPLD Display jetz richtig anzeigt? Ich bräuchte auch die datei
Reply to top
(04-08-2019, 12:52 PM)Addi Wrote: Heist das das CPLD Display jetz richtig anzeigt? Ich bräuchte auch die datei
It is ok  now and I am uploading controller skecht
Reply to top
Wonderful, I will send you the files as well Addi.
Reply to top
Ill try to fiddle with the outlets tomorrow.
Strange thing is that when the controller is running the outlet turns green if activated by a schedule
But it stays grey if its activated during start-up (always on or schedule doesn’t matter)

As for the sensors, yes I disabled all the Ports and sensors which are not in use, I was trying to find a comparison picture for the Ports But got distracted.

Lights run correctly, I named them 1-7 still need to come up with better names :p
Reply to top
for controller, i have that (without sdcard):

ERROR - sd card initialization failed!
ERStarting Robo-Tank v5.11
Initializing sd card...
ERROR - Can't find index.html file!
This should read 50: 50
Starting Controller -------------------

Controller seems to be frozen.
There is only one red brick on screen even if I restart
Reply to top
(04-08-2019, 01:05 PM)fietsenrex Wrote: Ill try to fiddle with the outlets tomorrow.
Strange thing is that when the controller is running the outlet turns green if activated by a schedule
But it stays grey if its activated during start-up (always on or schedule doesn’t matter)

As for the sensors, yes I disabled all the Ports and sensors which are not in use, I was trying to find a comparison picture for the Ports But got distracted.

Lights run correctly, I named them 1-7 still need to come up with better names :p

I think last night I discovered a problem if a type of port is all disabled. For example, there are 2 flow meters, if both disabled there might be problems, I think enabling one of each type will work but for now enable them all. It's not really a functioning problem but data being sent from controller isn't being received by display correctly when all of one type is disabled. Right after you enable it'll restart and outlets will likely show correctly.

I have trouble coming up with names as well lol, mine are mode 1, mode 2 etc...

(04-08-2019, 01:06 PM)Dom59 Wrote: for controller, i have that (without sdcard):

Initializing sd card...

That looks good but controller is in a loop and can't finish starting, one more line should show in a few seconds "startup finished". The display will never start until that line appears for the controller. Looks like that pre-update sketch didn't take, try uploading it again, should only need to do on controller. While it's running open the serial monitor so you see it says finished. Then upload v5.11 again on controller and it should fire up. Might need to do a full power cycle after uploading.
Reply to top
(04-08-2019, 01:23 PM)Rob F Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 01:05 PM)fietsenrex Wrote: Ill try to fiddle with the outlets tomorrow.

I think last night I discovered a problem if a type of port is all disabled. For example, there are 2 flow meters, if both disabled there might be problems, I think enabling one of each type will work but for now enable them all. It's not really a functioning problem but data being sent from controller isn't being received by display correctly when all of one type is disabled. Right after you enable it'll restart and outlets will likely show correctly.

I have trouble coming up with names as well lol, mine are mode 1, mode 2 etc...

(04-08-2019, 01:06 PM)Dom59 Wrote: for controller, i have that (without sdcard):

Initializing sd card...

That looks good but controller is in a loop and can't finish starting, one more line should show in a few seconds "startup finished". The display will never start until that line appears for the controller. Looks like that pre-update sketch didn't take, try uploading it again, should only need to do on controller. While it's running open the serial monitor so you see it says finished. Then upload v5.11 again on controller and it should fire up. Might need to do a full power cycle after uploading.
Full power cycle , that means shut off the controller and restart?...
Reply to top
Yeah, disconnect from computer, turn off controller/display and power up as you normally would.
Reply to top
Yeah, yeah, yeah!!!!
It’s working!!!
I do not know it s due to that : I turned off/ on controller between preupdate and main sketch.
Rob, thanks, thanks, thanks a lot...
But could you tell me what you changed with file you sent me?
Reply to top
Awesome, good job! Updates going forward will be much more straight forward, I just happened to use an epprom value that put things in a loop that's why the pre-update was needed. Going forward you only need to comment out the ElecFreaks display and uncomment the CPLD display near the top of the display sketch.
Reply to top
Enabling all sensors has solved the outlet issue But has dropped the controller from 2200 check a second to 2000 checks a second.

Feeder picture still doesn’t show, But the shortcut works.
Reply to top
Thanks for letting me know, I know why it's happening so it shouldn't take much to fix. Don't worry about the speed, anything over 2000 is a bonus. 2000 is 2 checks per millisecond, I think that's pretty quick. :)

I just duplicated that feeder icon will fix that as well. If you move the dosing pumps to column 3 and feeder to 2nd column it'll show up.
Reply to top
Hi Rob,
Now controller seems running, I try to set it up. But I do not understand how lights run.
Ok when a mode increase, but how to proceed on evening to make mode decrease?
E.g. : at 9pm duration 1hour and 25%. It will increase from 0 to 25...
Reply to top
Ah ok swapping feeder and dosing is fine by me.

Just had another issue...
Lights were still in mode 4 (high sun) while the display showed 6 (almost night setting).
Set it by hand to 6 in the light menu and hit resume and it stayed at 6.
Don’t know what happend or if it is recurring, yesterday was fine

As an addition, mode 6 and 7 are complete off, while they Should be the same as mode 1 and 2 regarding light output.
Power is still on But there is no light
Reply to top
(04-09-2019, 01:01 PM)Dom59 Wrote: Hi Rob,
Now controller seems running, I try to set it up.  But I do not understand how lights run.
E.g. :  at 9pm duration 1hour and 25%. It will increase from 0 to 25...

How many light modes did you create? It works the same as 4.2 but you aren't stuck with 6 modes. For example, mode 1 = 0%, mode 2 = 10%, mode 3 = 50%, mode 4 = 10%, mode 5 = 0%. That will dim the lights up to 50% and then back down to 0%.

(04-09-2019, 01:17 PM)fietsenrex Wrote: Ah ok swapping feeder and dosing is fine by me.

Just had another issue...
Lights were still in mode 4 (high sun) while the display showed 6 (almost night setting).
Set it by hand to 6 in the light menu and hit resume and it stayed at 6.
Don’t know what happend or if it is recurring, yesterday was fine

As an addition, mode 6 and 7 are complete off, while they Should be the same as mode 1 and 2 regarding light output.
Power is still on But there is no light

Hmm, so if you go to light modes page and press 6 or 7 they go off but if you go to another mode they are correct? Did you try deleting mode 6 and 7 and creating them again? I just discovered a glitch when you delete a mode, if you press and hold delete it'll beep but if you let go them the mode won't be deleted, just hold the button till the screen redraws.
Reply to top
(04-09-2019, 05:24 PM)ÏRob F Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 01:01 PM)Dom59 Wrote: Hi Rob,
Now controller seems running, I try to set it up.  But I do not understand how lights run.
E.g. :  at 9pm duration 1hour and 25%. It will increase from 0 to 25...

How many light modes did you create? It works the same as 4.2 but you aren't stuck with 6 modes. For example, mode 1 = 0%, mode 2 = 10%, mode 3 = 50%, mode 4 = 10%, mode 5 = 0%. That will dim the lights up to 50% and then back down to 0%.

ok, I thinks I’ll create 6 modes.
Reply to top
Well came home to a Nice surprise..
Aquarium was still dark... although it Should be in mode 4 (high sun)

Upon opening the light menu it showed it was in mode 4, by tapping mode 4 the aquarium lit up.

Just to clarify, i’ve set up the controller sunday evening and left it in mode 6.
It faded to mode 7 before switching of, yesterday evening it stopped fading after mode 4 (maybe 5 there isn’t much difference in intensity)
So it did run a “full” 24 hour cycle before failing.

Only thing changed in the mean time was the sensor ports.

Just rebuild the schedule but mode 6 doesn’t give any output, all others appear fine.
I Did set the controller to only 4 LED channels since I only use 4.
Could that be the reason it doesn’t work properly?
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready Rob F 51 30,485 05-31-2020, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Robo-Tank v5.13 is Ready Rob F 61 35,393 06-19-2019, 12:30 AM
  Robo-Tank v5.12 is Ready Rob F 34 22,195 04-30-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: fietsenrex
  Robo-Tank v5.0 is Ready Rob F 206 133,057 04-03-2019, 09:18 AM