Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robo-Tank v5.10 is Ready
Hi, I have an update ready to go. This one includes some fixes and calibration is back for the Atlas circuits and new Robo-Tank pH circuit. This update you should get an email with the password for the download. With this update you will get a splash screen on the display prompting you about the update, make sure you upload the controller sketch before pressing OK on display.

Here's a list of what was done.

Additions
  • Added option to select Robo-Tank or Atlas probe circuit
  • Added auto calibration feature for Robo-Tank and Atlas circuits
  • Added probe health report for Robo-Tank probe circuits, shows slope, offset and calibration duration (not compatible with Atlas circuits)
Improvements
  • Changed pH view to 1000ths
  • Stop logging min/max values when calibrating probes
  • Adjusted the float switch triggering points for custom rules and alerts 
  • Removed less than / greater than option on alerts for float switches, if that was changed it could have effected alert
  • disabled custom rules for temperature sensors while calibrating
  • disabled custom rules for flow meters while calibrating
  • disabled custom rules for probes while calibrating
  • disabled alerts for temperature sensors while calibrating
  • disabled alerts for flow meters while calibrating
  • disabled alerts for probes while calibrating
Fixes
  • Combination on/off schedules with no repeats wouldn't resume to correct state when controller was restarted
  • When Celsius was added to custom rules it affected rules that weren't based on temperature
  • CO2 wasn't calculating correctly if kH view was PPM or mg/L
When you select a probe to calibrate you get the following screen. Here you choose either a single or dual point calibration. You can also view the slope, offset and calibration duration for the last calibration, this isn't available for Atlas circuits only works with Robo-Tank circuits.

[Image: hardware_probes_cal1.jpg]

When you select the calibration type you get the page below, the instructions and title change based on type and point. As soon as you press the "start" button you get a confirmation prompt and if accepted all previous calibration data will be lost.

[Image: hardware_probes_cal2.jpg]

Once you start calibration you get the page below. It'll stay here until the box is full of yellow bars or if 10 minutes comes first. What this does is record the pH value and every 3 seconds it compares the current pH to the value it recorded. If the current is +/- more than 0.003 it will record the pH again and continue to compare. In order for the auto calibration to continue the pH must remain within +/- 0.003 for 60 seconds to be considered stable. Using the Robo-Tank circuit this is easily achieved however using the Atlas circuit it's a little hard that's why I added the 10 minute time out. Using my Atlas circuit its common for the pH to jump more than +/- 0.003 so you might have to wait until it times out. My Atlas circuit isn't isolated so I'm wondering if that's why it jumps a little bit compared to my circuit, maybe someone with an isolated Atlas circuit can confirm it's more stable.

Once this finishes it will go back to the screen above for the 2nd point if selected otherwise you will get the next image.

[Image: hardware_probes_ca3.jpg]

When calibration is finished you get the following page, this shows the offset for point 1 which is important. This should be within +/- 30mv, typically this means the probe needs cleaning. You also get the slope for your probe which should be between 85% - 105%.

The duration is the total time you sat on the screen above minus 60 seconds for each point as it was considered stable at that time. Currently this has no weight in the overall probe health as results can be all over the board in my testing.

[Image: hardware_probes_health.jpg]

The page below is simply instructions on cleaning your probe, cleaning it will increase the life span of the electrode. You get to this page by pressing "press for more info" on the 2nd image above.

[Image: hardware_probes_clean.jpg]
Reply to top
So I was informed the calibration isn't working for DO, ORP and EC probes. It should have been obvious to me but I missed it. It's best not to even try to calibrate those probes at this time as you will lose your current calibration. I should have this fixed in a few days. Calibrating the pH is ok.
Reply to top
Great, gonna try to update soon.
Life keeps happening over here....
Got a spare due because I had some issues when trying to update to V5.04 which looked like some issues someone had over here who had to replace his/her due
Reply to top
Ah yes I think I remember, you were getting COM X not found when it tried to upload? That's the biggest issue that can happen with Due's, it doesn't happen to often but definitely can. I believe it's because the Arduino isn't doing an erase of the memory that holds the sketch so you have to do it manually by pressing the erase button in the middle of the Due while powered up (different button than reset) and then it should upload ok. If that doesn't work you should be able to use the Native USB port on Due, that always works but you can use the IDE serial monitor. When you select the board type in the Arduino IDE there are 2 for the Due, select the one that says "Native USB Port" and when you select the port (it'll be different than programming USB) it'll also say "Native USB Port" after the port number. You'll see programming this way is 10 times quicker than the programming port.
Reply to top
Correct, thing is that I don’t want to risk having a unprogrammable due with the sketch erased or corrupted and a downed controller.
Reply to top
Ah I see, and yeah always a good idea to have one on hand, these have been really reliable but anything can happen.
Reply to top
got the controller sketch loaded (via programming port on the spare due) as we speak, serial monitor looks okay.
gives readings as expected since there is no SD to be found.
Reply to top
Nice, sometimes after programming the Arduino doesn't reset properly and needs to be disconnected from computer and powered cycled, maybe that's why it didn't work last time.
Reply to top
(04-03-2019, 12:12 PM)Rob F Wrote: Nice, sometimes after programming the Arduino doesn't reset properly and needs to be disconnected from computer and powered cycled, maybe that's why it didn't work last time.
the Due which had the problems is still running 4.2, I just ordered a new one who accepted the 5.10 software.
going to update one of the 2 due's currently in use to 5.10 for the display soon so I can run 5.10
Reply to top
That's a good way to do it and next update you'll be able to play with the other easier.
Reply to top
Rob,
Do we absolutly need microsd card on the Controller to use it?
The mine is broken down and i canot manage to start v5,10 correctly. It seems nothing running and if i touch the display it goes Black.
Reply to top
H Dom, in v5 if you don't use the web features you don't need a microSD card, the controller should still start.

If you open the Arduino IDE serial monitor on the controller what does it print out? Does it get to "startup complete"?

Were you running a v5.x previously?
Reply to top
(04-06-2019, 10:56 AM)Rob F Wrote: H Dom, in v5 if you don't use the web features you don't need a microSD card, the controller should still start.

If you open the Arduino IDE serial monitor on the controller what does it print out? Does it get to "startup complete"?

Were you running a v5.x previously?

Sorry...
I am out this evening, I will try tomorrow. And it’s my first v5.x.
Reply to top
Sounds good. Make sure you upload the "pre-update" sketch to both the display and controller. After you upload it's important to wait about 7 minutes before updating v5.1 so the Arduino has time to do it's thing, also the Arduino must be mounted to the PCB's for this to work as the eeprom is on the board not Arduino. If you open the IDE serial monitor after uploading the pre-update it'll says start and finish when done. After you do this to both upload the v5.1 sketches and it should prompt you to press OK.
Reply to top
(04-06-2019, 11:22 AM)Rob F Wrote: Sounds good. Make sure you upload the "pre-update" sketch to both the display and controller. After you upload it's important to wait about 7 minutes before updating v5.1 so the Arduino has time to do it's thing, also the Arduino must be mounted to the PCB's for this to work as the eeprom is on the board not Arduino. If you open the IDE serial monitor after uploading the pre-update it'll says start and finish when done. After you do this to both upload the v5.1 sketches and it should prompt you to press OK.

(04-06-2019, 11:22 AM)Rob F Wrote: Sounds good. Make sure you upload the "pre-update" sketch to both the display and controller. After you upload it's important to wait about 7 minutes before updating v5.1 so the Arduino has time to do it's thing, also the Arduino must be mounted to the PCB's for this to work as the eeprom is on the board not Arduino. If you open the IDE serial monitor after uploading the pre-update it'll says start and finish when done. After you do this to both upload the v5.1 sketches and it should prompt you to press OK.
 Euh.... i only pre-updated the controller  without waiting after and out of the board!!
Hope I will do better tomorrow...
Thanks and I will let you know
Reply to top
Yeah that's why it didn't work, sorry I wasn't clear in instructions.
Reply to top
Is the eeprom also on gen 2 hardware on the boards in stead of the arduino?
Good to know that I need to run the “pre-update” for 7 minutes on the boards.
Do I need to start up the controller and display with the “pre-update” connected?
Reply to top
Yeah the eeprom is on the boards, the Due doesn't actually have an eeprom, rare for an Arduino. You only need to run the pre-update if you don't have a v5.x running. That was needed because v4.2 used an eeprom location that had a setting store and put the v5 in a never ending loop, that's why it doesn't startup. If you already have say 5.06 running then you don't need to this again or in the future.
Reply to top
Nope still 4.2
But do I need to start the controller with both arduino’s loaded with the pre-update and with the display and controller connected?
Reply to top
Ah I thought you made the move, then unfortunately your plan won't work for this update. You will have to mount the Arduino on the board with the pre-updated loaded on the Arduino. Once the controller or display is powered up the Arduino will start the pre-update so at that point wait 7 minutes. You don't need to mount the Arduino to program the pre-update but you have to mount it and let it run as you would normally power up the controller, the USB port on computer doesn't have enough power for the board so you will need to plug into your main power supply when it runs.

EDIT: you can use the same Arduino to pre-update both display and controller. After you do one move ARduino to other, power up and wait. Then proceed to v5.1.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready Rob F 51 30,425 05-31-2020, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Robo-Tank v5.13 is Ready Rob F 61 35,331 06-19-2019, 12:30 AM
  Robo-Tank v5.12 is Ready Rob F 34 22,136 04-30-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: fietsenrex
  Robo-Tank v5.0 is Ready Rob F 206 132,727 04-03-2019, 09:18 AM