Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robo-Tank v5.0 is Ready
(03-10-2019, 01:26 PM)Rob F Wrote: It will be gen 2 with that version so yeah v5 will work. :)

Ok sounds good. Is there any hw mods that i need to make ? I read that version 4.0 needed re-locate rtc chip to controller from display side. I try to look, but there wasn't 4.0 sketch's in download area, so i cannot check if there had some instructions etc.
Reply to top
The last schedule is not fading.........it is the same from the beggining till the end of schedule
Reply to top
(03-10-2019, 02:19 PM)niksunen Wrote:
(03-10-2019, 01:26 PM)Rob F Wrote: It will be gen 2 with that version so yeah v5 will work. :)

Ok sounds good. Is there any hw mods that i need to make ? I read that version 4.0 needed re-locate rtc chip to controller from display side. I try to look, but there wasn't 4.0 sketch's in download area, so i cannot check if there had some instructions etc.

You only have to move the RTC, the pins on the RTC are marked and you only need to plug into the spare headers on controller board, use the shortest cable possible.

(03-10-2019, 03:36 PM)johnrc Wrote: The last schedule is not fading.........it is the same from the beggining till the end of schedule

Can you send me your settings, I'm not sure what's going on. 

https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/attachment.php?aid=386
Reply to top
What do you mean settings?
Reply to top
Oh sorry, upload the sketches from the link I posted to the display and controller. After uploading open serial monitor and let it run till it stops printing to serial monitor, takes about 5 minutes. Then copy everything in the serial monitor to a blank sketch and save. Do that for display and controller and send me them.
Reply to top
As i told you to mail this message appears and uploadind stops:

In file included from Controller.ino:80:0:
C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.5\libraries\Wire/Wire.h: In member function 'void probes::readCircuit(byte, int)':
C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.5\libraries\Wire/Wire.h:51:13: note: candidate 1: uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(int, int, int)
     uint8_t requestFrom(int, int, int);
             ^
C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.5\libraries\Wire/Wire.h:48:13: note: candidate 2: uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)
     uint8_t requestFrom(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t);
             ^
Multiple libraries were found for "Ethernet.h"
 Used: C:\Users\John\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet
 Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet

Sketch uses 143.668 bytes (27%) of program storage space. Maximum is 524.288 bytes.
No device found on COM3
Reply to top
That's happening because the computer can't communicate with the Due, sometimes Due's have issues erasing themselves before programming, if they can't do this you get no device found.

To solve you can press the erase button the due, different than reset, it's located near the center of the board. Before upload you press and hold for about a second then it will work.

2nd option use the other USB port on the Due which is the native USB port. If you set the board type to native port it'll program and about 10 times faster than the programming port however you can't use the serial monitor with the native port.
Reply to top
I tried both now but it shows this message and dont complete uploading:

In file included from Controller.ino:80:0:
C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.5\libraries\Wire/Wire.h: In member function 'void probes::readCircuit(byte, int)':
C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.5\libraries\Wire/Wire.h:51:13: note: candidate 1: uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(int, int, int)
uint8_t requestFrom(int, int, int);
^
C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.5\libraries\Wire/Wire.h:48:13: note: candidate 2: uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)
uint8_t requestFrom(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t);
^
Multiple libraries were found for "Ethernet.h"
Used: C:\Users\John\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet
Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet

Sketch uses 143.668 bytes (27%) of program storage space. Maximum is 524.288 bytes.
Atmel SMART device 0x285e0a60 found
Erase flash
done in 0.004 seconds

Write 146172 bytes to flash (571 pages)

[ ] 0% (0/571 pages)
[== ] 9% (57/571 pages)
[===== ] 19% (114/571 pages)
[======== ] 29% (171/571 pages)
[=========== ] 39% (228/571 pages)
[============== ] 49% (285/571 pages)
[================= ] 59% (342/571 pages)
[==================== ] 69% (399/571 pages)
[======================= ] 79% (456/571 pages)
[========================== ] 89% (513/571 pages)
[============================= ] 99% (570/571 pages)
[==============================] 100% (571/571 pages)
done in 6.845 seconds

Verify 146172 bytes of flash

[ ] 0% (0/571 pages)
[== ] 9% (57/571 pages)
[===== ] 19% (114/571 pages)
[======== ] 29% (171/571 pages)
[=========== ] 39% (228/571 pages)
[============== ] 49% (285/571 pages)
[================= ] 59% (342/571 pages)
[==================== ] 69% (399/571 pages)
[======================= ] 79% (456/571 pages)
[========================== ] 89% (513/571 pages)
[============================= ] 99% (570/571 pages)
[==============================] 100% (571/571 pages)
Verify failed
Page errors: 571
Byte errors: 143800
Reply to top
That looks like a problem with the Arduino, I've seen verifying failed once but after power cycle it was ok. Try using the other USB port (native) as they are different so if one doesn't work the other still will. Just make sure you change the board type to Arduino Due Native Port and select the correct port as it'll be different.
Reply to top
This is from native port as you suggest.I tried after the programming port and appeared the first messagw again which said no device found
Reply to top
You might have to remove the Due so you can press the erase button after you plug into your computer. It should upload then or at least I hope. Only other thing I can suggest is trying another Due.
Reply to top
(03-10-2019, 10:46 PM)Rob F Wrote:
(03-10-2019, 02:19 PM)niksunen Wrote:

You only have to move the RTC, the pins on the RTC are marked and you only need to plug into the spare headers on controller board, use the shortest cable possible.

(03-10-2019, 03:36 PM)johnrc Wrote: The last schedule is not fading.........it is the same from the beggining till the end of schedule

Can you send me your settings, I'm not sure what's going on. 

https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/attachment.php?aid=386
Finally was the arduino that got crazy so i bought a new and it's ok now.
I'm trying to upload the attached sketch and a window appear on the pc screen and says:

Failed tto open sketch:"c:\Users\johnrsktop\backup_v5.ino

Am i doing something wrong?
Reply to top
Looks like the sketch isn't in a folder. All sketches have to be in a folder and the folder name has to be exactly as the sketch file name, so you need to put sketch in a folder backup_v5
Reply to top
This is from native port as you suggest.I tried after the programming port and appeared the first messagw again which said no device found
Reply to top
I'm confused, I thought you had everything running?
Reply to top
I dont know how this message
appear......
Reply to top
Oh ok, maybe you leave a bunch of browsers open like me.
Reply to top
(02-28-2019, 02:34 PM)Rob F Wrote:
(02-28-2019, 04:24 AM)aquaalgae Wrote: Please see attached for the sketches.  Yes, when it is still on, the display is saying its still on.

Thanks I'll go over and load them up.

(02-28-2019, 10:32 AM)Mike F Wrote: My board is Gen 3, rev b., Software 5.01
Issue: ATO

Posting this here, for other awareness.  

I double checked my ATO last night and have the same issue I have been discussing with Rob.  I will post a follow-up once I update my software.   I plan to completely wipe my SD cards before I load 5.04.  The link below was very similar to what I am experiencing.  However, I do have the pull-down resistors on my board, and I measure 5.8K across the ATO resistor on board.

Something New:  When I push Sync on the display there is no response.  Even after I reboot the controller and display.  Not sure it matters, but I found this odd.

Refresher on my Situation
- The ATO pump will run any time the Backup is Closed(5V signal).  Regardless of the Main Float position and the ATO timer has no impact.  I have ATO timeout  set to 10 seconds.
- The controller always shows ATO Open Float on the display.
- The Pump will turn on anytime a Backup 5V signal is received, and only shuts off when Bkup is open circuit.  
- The ATO GUI for the timer, working mode, test mode, and schedule interval has no impact on running the pump
- Both Main(port 6) and Backup(port 7) floats are functioning correctly and toggle open and closed
- The Main Float, I can measure 0V and ~5V all the way to Pin A6 on the controller board
- There are no burnt marks on the control board.

https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/Thread-AT...=ATO+water

Hi Mike, the sync hasn't been added that's why it doesn't respond. 

Last night I noticed on my display, I have the ATO sensor showing up on my right side of home page, that the float was changing from opened to closed on its own which I never noticed before. I looked on the board I'm using for playing and it didn't have a pull down resistor so I thought hmm it was working so I printed the true analog value to the serial monitor and instead of 0 which is 0.0v I was getting 1 which is 0.0048 volts. Now on this case it's likely happening because no pull down resistor, surprised it actually goes so low.

Now back in 5.01 in the code I had it so if analog value == 0 stop ato. That means if that analog value doesn't go down to 0 the pump won't stop, sound familiar. 

The funny thing is when I change the ATO code in last update I thought instead of have if == 0 I will put if <= 2 just in case some scenario and then last night that's exactly what happened to me. 

Now because you do have a pull down resistor it should definitely be a 0 but maybe not, so try the following when you update to 5.04. 

Before uploading display sketch go to the ato.h tab, you will have to use the drop down menu at the end of the tabs as there's too many to view. Then go to line 156 and you'll see the following.

Code:
//    Serial.print(F("_sensorValue:        ")); for (int t = 0; t < 21; t++){Serial.print(_sensorValue[t]); Serial.print(F(","));} Serial.println(F(""));

Remove the // from the beginning and upload the sketch. Then open the serial monitor and every second you'll see a line of values for the ATO's, the first number is ato 1. It should be 1023 or close to when closed and 0 when open. 

With all that said it still makes no sense why the pump doesn't stop with the ATO timeout, is the icon turning red?
I've updated to V5.10 last night.  I have the same ATO issue.  I just saw your request to un-commented the line above, so I will try that tonight.  In reference to the ATO timeout (ATO going red on the display).  It is strange, I have saw it go red a couple times in the last couple months.  But it doesn't do it all the time.   

Also i will check the voltage on Pin A5.. per you comment 
main ATO is on A5 but what caught my eye is you say you get 5v directly at Arduino, it should only be 3.3v, there's a voltage divider that drops the 5v from float to 3.3v for Due."

Is there a way i can map the Main float to a different Input pin?
Reply to top
I've updated to V5.10 last night.  I have the same ATO issue.  I just saw your request to un-commented the line above, so I will try that tonight.  In reference to the ATO timeout (ATO going red on the display).  It is strange, I have saw it go red a couple times in the last couple months.  But it doesn't do it all the time.   

Also i will check the voltage on Pin A5.. per you comment 
main ATO is on A5 but what caught my eye is you say you get 5v directly at Arduino, it should only be 3.3v, there's a voltage divider that drops the 5v from float to 3.3v for Due."

Is there a way i can map the Main float to a different Input pin?

I looked and searched in the ato.h file for that code line and no results were found in either V5.10 or V5.04.    Should I add it to the code in V5.10, and where?  Also after i upload the sketch, do i just open the serial monitor line to see the print value as i open and close the Main Float?
Reply to top
Hi Mike, yeah this behavior does seem strange, I don't know how the ATO timer doesn't time out, that seems to say the code is ok but maybe a hardware issue. Add that line as you are trying, it will tell us a lot. This is done on the controller but first go to the ATO.h tab and scroll to the bottom of it. In v5.10 on line 254 you will have /* and on line 266 will see */, delete both of these lines which will uncomment all the lines between.

Now find line 98 you'll see "serialPrintln5(_sensorValue[i]);" below this line add a new line and paste in the following.

Serial.print(F("_sensorValue: ")); for (int t = 0; t < 21; t++){Serial.print(_sensorValue[t]); Serial.print(F(","));} Serial.println(F(""));

After you upload open the serial monitor and when it startups up you should see a bunch of data from the bottom lines and every second the line above will print the ATO analog value being read.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready Rob F 51 32,220 05-31-2020, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Robo-Tank v5.13 is Ready Rob F 61 37,434 06-19-2019, 12:30 AM
  Robo-Tank v5.12 is Ready Rob F 34 23,496 04-30-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: fietsenrex
  Robo-Tank v5.10 is Ready Rob F 157 87,273 04-18-2019, 10:43 PM