Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robo-Tank v5.0 is Ready
Hmm, that strange, I don't know how that could happen but I'm guessing the restart and schedules not working now are related. There's only 3 sections with some code to restart the controller, that's pressing and holding the top right corner, changing the clock or restoring defaults. Just tapping the screen from a screen can't do that so I'm guessing it didn't restart because of code. If you go to the outlets schedule screen do you see the schedules? You won't see always on schedule on the upcoming list. How are the other settings? Did anything else change?
Reply to top
Yeah, they're showing up on upcoming list. The heaters appear to be working. The ATO is also working ok.

Also, I may just not have it set up correctly, but the fish feeder isn't turning when it goes into feed mode.
Reply to top
Well at this point I'm not sure what happened so try deleting all the schedules and setting them up again. As for the feeder go to the feeder settings page and make sure the auto feeder is enabled. I think it's disabled by default.
Reply to top
That worked for the feeder.
The relays still won't come on even after removing and adding the always on schedule to them.

I set everything back to defaults. I was then able to recreate the schedules.
Reply to top
Darn, I don't know what could have happened, I hate to say it but you might have to press that "restore defaults" button on system settings page and I'll go through the code to see if I can spot anything. When you press restore defaults I don't think you'll see anything happen on the display but the screen will have locked up and you won't be able to leave the screen, if that's the case the process is happening and will take about 5 minutes to complete, the controller will restart when its finished.
Reply to top
Yeah I pressed that button. The screen did freeze and 10 red squares slowly appeared across the screen. It then restarted and was like it was when I first installed the update.
Reply to top
Yeah everything is back to original so you have to setup everything again. Hope everything goes smooth this time.
Reply to top
I started setting everything up again. This time I also went into equipment connected and removed stuff I don't have. It restarted the controller. It's now showing that outlets that are always on are off even though they are on.
Reply to top
Is that different than before? When they weren't on before was that only the status on the display or were outlets actually off? If you restart the display will they show as on? Is it only the always on schedules acting up?
Reply to top
Yeah, before they were actually off, this time they are on but they are showing as off.
I restarted the display and it's the same.
The heaters work fine still. The other schedules seem fine as well. It appears to just be the always on ones. I will restore default settings again and not remove anything until it's fixed.
Thanks.
Reply to top
Ok, first we have to split these 2 issues, the first where everything reset is a mystery. The 2nd problem I have a theory.

Because the outlets are actually on like they should be we can say the always on schedules are working. To understand my theory this is how it works.

The controller is in charge of turning the outlets on/off, when this happens that data is sent to the display so the icons can be updated. Now when you start the display and the home screen draws for the first time all icons will be showing as off, then as soon as the home page finishes loading the controller sends 1 chunk of data with ID's of all the outlets that are on and respected icons will then go green. So we know to start the display is not getting that chunk of data after it turns on.

Now when you press the resume button it appears not to be working however it's doing what it should. When you press the resume button everything is checked and outlets are switched according to other settings, however if outlet 2 should be on and is actually on (your case) no action is taken because it's already in the correct state so the display won't update for that specific outlet.

So my thought is you aren't getting that initial chunk of data when the display restarts, any chance you have the weather forecast turned on?

A couple things to try.

First do the following.

Setup an always on schedule and then restart everything to verify the outlet is on but display says off. Then manually turn that outlet on/off, then hit the resume button, at that point that outlet should display correctly.

If that works, restart everything again to verify same issue, then disable the internet or unplug your cable and the display will likely startup correctly.

If you can try these things I'll have a better idea of what's happening.
Reply to top
So I made an always on schedule and restarted it using the upper right corner. The display is showing it is on correctly. I then restarted it by unplugging the controller and again it is fine. I'm not sure what is going on. I will try removing stuff from connected equipment tonight and see what happens.
Reply to top
I'm thinking it's the incoming weather data or a timing thing on the display. I'm going to make some changes this weekend and will post an update. I did go through the scheduling code and everything looks ok, I also have a couple always on schedules set for a long time now and haven't experienced any issues but I have seen home page icons not go in a correct state when started up which is a visual only problem as the outlet is in the correct state. I thought I fixed it as I experienced that before I released anything but obviously not so that's what I'm going to change. Either way this is likely an intermittent issue and you just happened to catch it. Also because that schedule is always on the display will never correct it's self until the actual state of the relay is changed.
Reply to top
Rob,
I hate to keep bringing stuff up but I just noticed another issue I'm having. Some relays aren't turning off according to the schedules. I pressed the resume button and it went off.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
I'm going to setup my schedules to match yours and monitor. The last 4 schedules on your list will react like always on as nothing turns them off but I see the light on log didn't turn off.

EDIT: I assume your lights were fading when you took those pictures?
Reply to top
I believe they were dimming. Yeah, I set those up like that so the display would show them correctly. Port 2,8 is not used so I used that one to test out the always on schedule.
Reply to top
This morning the ATO ran for 2 hours until I came home and pressed the resume button. I have the maximum run time for the ATO at 30 minutes.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
(02-09-2019, 04:10 PM)Rob F Wrote: Glad you were able to get something working Addi.

Hello Rob, I have a 7 inch cpld display and the icons on the screen are mirrored, the font is partly correct. The same problem as Addi.

I have reinstalled everything (incl Arduino), selected the correct display in the script and swapped the calibration file UTouchCD (in the current manual there is no indication that it needs to be swapped), obviously this is a problem with the CPLD display.

Can you solve that, please?
Reply to top
Hey Rob,

I upgraded to 5.01 and everything worked great for about a week. I lost power to the controller and my display would not progress past 1 bar. I upgraded to 5.02 to have the most up to date firmware/software and I am still getting the same result. I have left the controller powered on/connected and the display will not progress past 1 bar. None of my accessories are functioning, and my power bar has not responded to any signals from the controller despite being plugged in (I suspect due to the fact the controller is not booting properly).

I reloaded 5.02 twice, and the only error I received was that the controller could not initialize the SD card because the "index.html file could not be found", however the only file in the 'files for controller microsd card' folder with a similar name is "index.htm" (specifically '.htm', not '.html'

What steps should I take to resolve this? Most of my equipment has redundancy, except for my ATO, which on a 150 gallon tank with 40 breeder sump @78F results in just under 1 GPD evaporation, which is my main concern
Reply to top
(02-23-2019, 09:21 AM)aquaalgae Wrote: This morning the ATO ran for 2 hours until I came home and pressed the resume button. I have the maximum run time for the ATO at 30 minutes.

Ah brutal, sorry! I wish I could experience these things, every time I test it works.  I'll have something tonight to try, going through everything.

(02-23-2019, 11:42 AM)roland33 Wrote:
(02-09-2019, 04:10 PM)Rob F Wrote: Glad you were able to get something working Addi.

Hello Rob, I have a 7 inch cpld display and the icons on the screen are mirrored, the font is partly correct. The same problem as Addi.

I have reinstalled everything (incl Arduino), selected the correct display in the script and swapped the calibration file UTouchCD (in the current manual there is no indication that it needs to be swapped), obviously this is a problem with the CPLD display.

Can you solve that, please?

Hi Roland, can you try replacing the libraries for the screen to the libraries from v4.2. After doing that make sure all instances of Arduino IDE are closed and then reopen it otherwise it won't see the changes. You were correct to change the UTouchCD but that's only for touch.

(02-23-2019, 02:58 PM)jlysaght3 Wrote: Hey Rob,

I upgraded to 5.01 and everything worked great for about a week. I lost power to the controller and my display would not progress past 1 bar. I upgraded to 5.02 to have the most up to date firmware/software and I am still getting the same result. I have left the controller powered on/connected and the display will not progress past 1 bar. None of my accessories are functioning, and my power bar has not responded to any signals from the controller despite being plugged in (I suspect due to the fact the controller is not booting properly).

I reloaded 5.02 twice, and the only error I received was that the controller could not initialize the SD card because the "index.html file could not be found", however the only file in the 'files for controller microsd card' folder with a similar name is "index.htm" (specifically '.htm', not '.html'

What steps should I take to resolve this? Most of my equipment has redundancy, except for my ATO, which on a 150 gallon tank with 40 breeder sump @78F results in just under 1 GPD evaporation, which is my main concern

Hi jlysaght3, when you lost power originally was that the fault of controller or something else? 

I checked the code for that .html error as I thought I changed the file to .htm, turns out I only changed the file not the message so it is searching for index.htm which it isn't seeing. 

I assume This should read 50: has 255 at the end or does it have a 50?

Do you have anything connected to the SCL/SDA pins?
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready Rob F 51 29,690 05-31-2020, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Robo-Tank v5.13 is Ready Rob F 61 34,584 06-19-2019, 12:30 AM
  Robo-Tank v5.12 is Ready Rob F 34 21,617 04-30-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: fietsenrex
  Robo-Tank v5.10 is Ready Rob F 157 80,264 04-18-2019, 10:43 PM