Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robo-Tank v5.0 Screenshots and Flowchart - Ideas Needed
All those flow meters will work and I assume the solenoid valve needs 24v to open? If it won't work with 12v you would have to use an external power supply or step up or some kind. If you can find one that uses 12v you could connect it to a DC accessory port and use a custom rule to turn it on/off.

I don't recommend using the flow meter for water changes as they aren't the most accurate, it would be safer to use a series of float switches to turn pumps on/off during the process. You can do it with the custom rules. You can use flow meters with the rules but only with flow rate not total flowed. After I added the custom rules I realized it should also be based on total so that will be down the road a bit. You will be able to use total flow and current flow rate with alerts though.

Rob is correct, you can currently monitor total flow but not do anything with the number, 1.9 millions liters is impressive.

In v5 can also view pints, quarts, liters or gallons in either metric or imperial and view by second, minute, hour or day and a system to calibrate.
Reply to top
can not wait for this update and the new boards this sounds like it will have almost every thing I can use in my tank. It will be good to have all the probs and devise down stairs and just a single cable coming upstairs to the tank and showing the display. Makes for a clean looking display :)
Reply to top
There are many that work with 12v DC I choose the 24v because it was with quick release connection and it was perfect for the R.O. but I found also this which is 12v. I am thinking that I can make a time schedule for water changes if the flow rate of the freshWater is 50 lt/h I can leave open the valve 3 hours per week...
Reply to top
Sounds good Rott, should be much longer.

That one will work and you can use flow rate in the custom rules so you should be ok.
Reply to top
Perfect!!!!!!!!! For now I am selling my Discus I will empty and clean the aquarium in order to make some improvements and then when I will have finished with the Lights and with Robotank I am going to make a new aquascaping "High Tech Planted"!!!! So Rob when you will finish with V 5.0  K05164 K05164 K05164 K05164
Reply to top
You have a lot of work too. :) If you have any light scratches look up cerium oxide powder, with a buffer and some elbow you can remove them completely. A friend got a large tank and after setting up we noticed a lot of scratches, 8 hours later they were gone.   K0507
Reply to top
(01-29-2019, 09:59 AM)Rob F Wrote: You have a lot of work too. :) If you have any light scratches look up cerium oxide powder, with a buffer and some elbow you can remove them completely. A friend got a large tank and after setting up we noticed a lot of scratches, 8 hours later they were gone.   K0507

perfect I will try it!!!
Reply to top
Any update on the update?

I had another issue with the controller this weekend while I was out. The lights were on moonlight all day and night, the heaters never came on, and the ATO never activated. The webpage also never loaded for me.
Reply to top
Sorry to hear aquaalgae, v5 should fix all. Going to try and roll it out late tonight.
Reply to top
Sounds great!
Reply to top
Well now it'll be tomorrow night, just not enough hours in a day.
Reply to top
Just packaging things up, that email will arrive tomorrow sometime.  K05164
Reply to top
Awesome!
Reply to top
Won't make the midnight deadline lol. Did a few more things and now I'm busy writing up a long thread which is taking for ever because of all the images. Maybe a 3am email you can wake up to. :)
Reply to top
Done, all the details are here. K05164

https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/Thread-Ro...0-is-Ready

Now if you have any problems send messages to careOfSomebody@somewhere.com lollll....
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerhead Control Ideas Rob F 17 15,361 04-29-2018, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  AC Outlet Icon Ideas Rob F 6 6,252 04-27-2018, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Rob F